Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NERD ALERT PART II

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
Just finished Heros, and I must say, comic book logic aside (cause that is what was used), I felt cheated cause there was no great show down between the two most powerful characters. They hat TWO chances to have a show down, one in the present and one in the future, and we get nothing.

All in all I think the world got away from the writers. It got too big faster than I think they were ready for it, so there was so much filler and back story for stuff that didnt matter. Characters that seemed to be important at the start were pushed to the side for a tag line like "Save the Cheerleader, save the world."

You could cut down the show by a fill 5 episodes and get a cleaner and better story.

Most every action was predictable to a fault. I was not surprised by much and I really wanted to be.

And how to you use the great Richard Roundtree (lesson, opening credits can ruin the suspense or any show :p ) in the first couple of eps and not ever again until the last. Dead shmead.

LD

Yes.

Lady Day said:
How I really feel? Okay ;)
I was hoping this would be a spin on comic book logic with a cemented dramatic twist, where the characters are not their powers but people (like in the first two eps that were so compelling). But nay to that. Sadly nay.

Time travel, the safety net in any sci fi story :eusa_doh:

LD

Yes!

Lady Day said:
How I really feel? Okay ;)
I was hoping this would be a spin on comic book logic with a cemented dramatic twist, where the characters are not their powers but people (like in the first two eps that were so compelling). But nay to that. Sadly nay.

Time travel, the safety net in any sci fi story :eusa_doh:

LD

YES!!!

Totally agree on every count.

Please sir may I not have some more.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I always thought if I could have a power, I'd want Claires, since I am a clutz I'd love to be able to heal myself. But after seeing that dude that I have nicknamed "Mr Midas", I'd enjoy that. Hey, why work.

More and more secrets. Hiros hero is actually a Brit. So far so good actually. I enjoyed it.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Is nobody watching anymore?? Last night's installment was pretty good.
I'm not crazy about Hiro's storyline, but I'm pretty intrigued by everyone else's.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I'm watching. It's still an interesting show, but the momentum from last year seems pretty much lost. It only seems like a pretty decent TV show now, not the unfolding event that it was in the first season.

Shearer

Practically Family
Oh, I'm still addicted, but I had a huge eye-rolling moment when Peter was revealed at the end and he has (surprise!) amnesia. The old soap opera standby. I hope they clear that up with the Irish boys really quick, because the 30 seconds I've seen of it is already wearing thin.

I like that they're introducing new characters. I'm crossing my fingers that the newbies will actually further the plot, but if they don't... hey, this is popcorn entertainment, I'm not exactly watching it as part of my graduate studies or anything ;)

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
I'm watching....watched last season too and loved it. I do admit that certain elements of the story have a tendency to fall apart or fall to the wayside but certainly the complexities and interesting story lines far out weigh other shows on currently television.
Last season Heroes was some television to wrap my head around especially after the crash and burn of shows like Lost. This season Heroes has a promising start but seems to be rather lethargic. Hopefully its just a matter of getting back into it and if not I'll probably watch it anyway.
Lots of possibilities, just need to see how they are going to unfold.
Anyone else excited that the Haitian is back?

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I was more excited when Angela Petrelli mentally screamed, "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" at Matt Parkman. I hope we get to find out what her power is before she gets killed...

And yeah, Shearer, the amenesia plot with Peter has got to go!

There's no question that I will keep watching, but I don't know that it will ever be as exciting as it was last year. Well, the sophomore season is always tougher...

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Doctor Strange said:
I was more excited when Angela Petrelli mentally screamed, "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" at Matt Parkman. I hope we get to find out what her power is before she gets killed.....

I had some crazy theories about Angela's power last season that I had forgotten about until you mentioned that. I really hope we find out what she is capable of!

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Doctor Strange said:
I was more excited when Angela Petrelli mentally screamed, "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" at Matt Parkman. I hope we get to find out what her power is before she gets killed...
That was a freaky moment!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Just got up on it on the web. Not sure if she has a power, but she knows about the powers. And she knew he was in her head, so she yelled at him. Sheesh, I'd have done it too.

I like the Hiro story, it is giving us to pre-evolution of the evolution of the peoples. His hero was one of the first to start evolving. And Peter obviously is starting to get his memory back, he is remembering how to use his powers that he has gained. We are seeing that it is not jsut the sister in Mexico that has the power, but the brother that evens her out, like a sort of ying and yang. I think it is going rather well.

dandelion-vint

One of the Regulars
I'm kind of waiting for the show to get the feeling that it had last season. I guess it's just going to take a few episodes to build up the new storylines.

I am not getting into Peter's story yet with the pirates. I like Hiro's story, but I'm anxious for him to get back to present time. I'm very interested in who is trying to kill off members of the group.
Claire cutting off her baby toe was gross (but kinda cool)

pretty faythe

One Too Many
well, someone had to cut it off.....she wanted to know how far her powers went and I don't think her dad would have appreciated her whoppin' off an arm. lol lol cool effects growin back the lil' piggy.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
The season opener was a bit anti-climatic.
And it does feel like a bit of a cop out that we were left thinking so many characters had died, & now theyre back.
But I'm looking forward to it building to another entertaining season.

Tho I am disappointed to see Takei go.
And a bit concerned that Hiro might stand in for Kensi & 'cut out his own heart' as he said of the legend , last season.

I'm enjoying the show even tho its not at the level of say XFiles or BuffyTheVampire Slayer in their early days.
We take what we can get.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
MrBern said:
The season opener was a bit anti-climatic.
And it does feel like a bit of a cop out that we were left thinking so many characters had died, & now theyre back.

You really thought they were dead?

Time travel can erase any bad plot line. :p
Not me for a moment. Im not watching the new season (dont have a TV) but may pick it up for a run on Netflix. But from what Im reading form y'all, does not seem to be too much to look forward to.

LD

pretty faythe

One Too Many
oh, but it doesnt seem to be from time travel yet....it's 4 months in the future. We have Peters brother with a full beard, now an alocholic because he thinks his brother is dead and he didnt die, and his mom, well she's a "B" and we have quick glimpse of hime looking in a bar mirror without the beard and he is scarred from his bro going nuclear while they where saving the world.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Lady Day said:
You really thought they were dead?

Time travel can erase any bad plot line. :p
Not me for a moment. Im not watching the new season (dont have a TV) but may pick it up for a run on Netflix. But from what Im reading form y'all, does not seem to be too much to look forward to.

LD

Actually, there was that episode when Hiro fell in love , Sylar ate her brain & all the time travel trying to save her was fruitless & left his powers diminished. Hiro has since been concerned about creating time rifts.

I am amused that Peter has amnesia...and a new haircut.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Hey, catching on fire is bound to singe your hair off!! lol lol :p

MrBern said:
Actually, there was that episode when Hiro fell in love , Sylar ate her brain & all the time travel trying to save her was fruitless & left his powers diminished. Hiro has since been concerned about creating time rifts.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
MrBern said:

I do so quite remember that episode, but future Hiro wanted to stop tons of stuff by 'finding a point' on all the intersecting time lines. Now, weather or not he was going to act on what he found, or what info he was going to give to present Hiro is another thing. But time travel is always tricky.

I just hope they dont do anything close to what they did with Witchblade in its second (and last :( ) season, but completely debunking the entire first season. :eusa_doh:

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy