Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero 30s halfbelt from Thurston

Insomnia

One of the Regulars
I've had one. One of the best damn jackets I've seen and the only jacket from Aero that literally had me floored. That's not to say their other jackets were inferior in any way, just this HB... For some reason, it was just what I had always hoped for I'd feel when I open that box. It was just... Wow. It's what premium priced jacket should look like. Perfection.

But I also knew it's too big for me to keep it.

This is not a bad fitting jacket. As a matter of fact, proportions are dead on perfect. I know that. But I'm 40-42, this was a 44. If I had a choice, I would've exchanged it for the exact same jacket, same length, sleeves, etc. just in 42. 'cause I knew it would bother me more and more.

So yeah. Your HB is good, but I feel it could be better. 30's HB is a slim fitting jacket. Yours is a bit baggy. Not unlike that HWM.

Again, if you feel this is the one, fantastic. :D But, since you're not stuck with it and still have all the options available... What Bretron said, just make sure it's exactly what you imagine a $1000+ jacket should be.

Looking at the picture i can't image what you would change on a jacket like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael