Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero A-2 pics

Burnsie

blethook said:
But my point is what's the point of nit-picking these small details as it would take away the joy of owning and wearing an otherwise great jacket?
Agreed - I've had 3 Aero A-2's -the one in my avatar was a little too big, sold on eBay to fund my Real Deal, then saved for the 1756. Luckily I hadn't obsessed over smaller details before realizing Aero simply made an exceptional jacket!
Looking forward to pics of your Anniversary model....

blethook

One of the Regulars
Aero Oilpull Hide

Burnsie said:
I'm curious about oil pull hide - while it's authenticity gets debated it also gets alot of thumbs up too for it's unique beauty...so many horse hides so little cash!

Burnsie,
Here's a shot of the current stock of Aero oilpull HH. It's one of those colours that I can't quite put a finger on...It is darker (closer to seal) than their previous oil pull hide stock, which was closer to russet.

Depending on lighting/sunlight, angle, etc. it can change your perception of its true colour. I know it's not mil-spec colour but nevertheless I thought it would look nice on an A-2.

AerpOilpullHide.jpg

garzo

One of the Regulars
Hi Burnsie,
great jacket. Just wondering, what size do you normally wear and is that the same size you ordered for the A2?
I'm thinking of getting a Real Deal and already own a Highwayman size 46 but not sure if in the A2s, whether to get a 46 or go up a size.
I know A2s are short jackets, but I have a long torso so am thinking of asking for a tad more length.

Burnsie

garzo said:
Hi Burnsie,
great jacket. Just wondering, what size do you normally wear and is that the same size you ordered for the A2?
I'm thinking of getting a Real Deal and already own a Highwayman size 46 but not sure if in the A2s, whether to get a 46 or go up a size.
I know A2s are short jackets, but I have a long torso so am thinking of asking for a tad more length.

Hi Garzo, I wear a 42 normally and take a 42 in an Aero A-2 - with my first one I sized up to 44 because I had read that they run trim but it didn't look right to me, a little blousy and not snug enough for me so I sold it. My size 42 Real Deal is a perfect fit with 1/2 inch off the sleeves and torso (I'm 5'8" - and yes Aero will glady customise the length!). The 1756 is a trimmer, shorter jacket so I went with standard sizing on that one.
Going up a size may be more comfortable but will look a little sloppy for an A-2...just my take!

irow

New in Town
Can A2's be worn on younger guys? I dislike how they look so dad'ish, I usually wear moto leather jackets but I am in search for a winter leather.

Thom1756.jpg

Last edited:
Read my post again, I never said they were stupid. And what is with the attitude, you have something going on with peacoats?

You've made two posts here today. One stating a Peacoat should never be leather, and one stating an A-2 looks "dad-ish". Sounded like you were here trolling. If that's not the case, then maybe it's a language thing. Sorry. Just seemed odd.Anyway, looking "dad-ish" is due to the fact that the A-2 is from the 1930's. But plenty of kids wear them today. They're made by a number of "fashion" houses that specialize in younger folks. My son (19) wears one. If you feel old in one, it's likely just because it's an old design. I find it to be a timeless design and purpose-built. YMMV.

MissoulaGriz

New in Town
A2's can totally be worn by younger guys and not look "dad-ish." Remember, it's the whole package, not just the jacket. The A2 worn with a nice, worn pair of Redwings or other work-boots, Levi's with the cuffs rolled up, a light sweater, with a pearl snap vintage shirt underneath and scarf would not look "dad-ish." It's about the attitude that you have when you wear something.

A2's can totally be worn by younger guys and not look "dad-ish." Remember, it's the whole package, not just the jacket. The A2 worn with a nice, worn pair of Redwings or other work-boots, Levi's with the cuffs rolled up, a light sweater, with a pearl snap vintage shirt underneath and scarf would not look "dad-ish." It's about the attitude that you have when you wear something.
Well, I'm not worried about lookin' dad-ish, I'm fighting grand-dad-ish here... lol

There you go Butte! You know, John Mayer just bought a big spread outside of Bozeman...every girl under the age of 72 is out looking for him.

It's the hip thing to do. My Dad sold his ranch in New Mexico when two celeb's bought the neighboring land and built ranches too. Jane Fonda and Val Kilmer. I know Ted Turner has some ridiculous ranch in MT too. Everyone but us saps who were born there lol

Edward

Bartender
Can A2's be worn on younger guys? I dislike how they look so dad'ish, I usually wear moto leather jackets but I am in search for a winter leather.

I wouldn't recommend an A2 for a Winter leather, unless you live somewhere beastly hot. As to the age of who "can" wear them, young people certainly can. The kids to whom they were issued back in the day were mostly in their early twenties.

I wouldn't recommend an A2 for a Winter leather, unless you live somewhere beastly hot. As to the age of who "can" wear them, young people certainly can. The kids to whom they were issued back in the day were mostly in their early twenties.
In an of themselves, A-2's are not warm for sure. You could go larger and allow for layering - which looks nice too. I've seen guys with nice sweaters (jumpers) that look great. But you won't stay warm in a cold place with an A-2 alone as Edward said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic