Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Highwayman

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Nick, I feel certain that "body length shortening" will be a non-issue and would look for something else over which to obsess. ;)

Otter

One Too Many
I also believe that ejecting from an aircraft leads to shortening due to spinal disc compression!:eeek: Never done it myself so I cannot verify it.

Oh, btw, anyone for a B movies SciFi off topic: "The Incedible Shrinking Man"

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I also believe that ejecting from an aircraft leads to shortening due to spinal disc compression!:eeek: Never done it myself so I cannot verify it.

Oh, btw, anyone for a B movies SciFi off topic: "The Incedible Shrinking Man"

Funny, I saw several Otters moving about through my nuclear sub's periscope!

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Ok so I just sat down right before taking these pics so they might be slightly exagerated. If you pull down it does come down some.

I also want to add that it does not actually matter in the whole since the jacket covers the belt for the most part I never feel its too short.

When new:
5.jpg

After worn and right after me sitting down:
DSC_0710_zpsc4ed270b.jpg

And the back isnt affected:
DSC_0711_zps61da888d.jpg

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Almost exactly the same on you as my HWM is on me. An authentic fifties fit. In fact a bit longer than most wore waist length jackets like this then.

I wouldn't worry about it. It looks fine to me.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
It actually looks really good. The jacket as a whole looks no shorter but i do see what you were referring to. Perhaps i was overly worried it would throw my proportions off being so long-legged. Thank you for taking the time to do that.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
My mistake if I made it sound as if Im not satisfied, or that Im worried about the fit. Thats is a misunderstanding.

I am very happy with my jacket, its my best jacket and it always works.

As I said its exagerated in the photo, if I pull on it it comes down almost flat on my left side.....my right side however has gotten deep creases as you can see and its always a little up even if I pull it. I think its because I like to wear my hand in my pocket as the cool dude I am :cool:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
My mistake if I made it sound as if Im not satisfied, or that Im worried about the fit. Thats is a misunderstanding.

I am very happy with my jacket, its my best jacket and it always works.

As I said its exagerated in the photo, if I pull on it it comes down almost flat on my left side.....my right side however has gotten deep creases as you can see and its always a little up even if I pull it. I think its because I like to wear my hand in my pocket as the cool dude I am :cool:

You are a cool dude. The jacket looks drastically better broken in and worn.
My HWM is already starting to do that a bit out of the box. Really like the effect in your pictures. It kind of gives the bottom a nice flare. Also, those sleeves are madness. Looks excellent.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Thanks dude, I havent said it but your jacket looks amazing!! It will mold some to your body and look even better with time as you can clearly see on my before and after pics. Also, a Moira jacket...thats about as good as it gets.

The reason for the sleeves is that they are slightly long...... and zipped up they are very narrow, and I have worn them zipped up for three years. So the combination has made the crazy creses.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn