Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Highwayman

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
It looks great. Looks like a perfect length, not to long, and not so short so you 100% have to tuck in all t-shirts. Try and drive in it or lay on the sofa watch tv and the "bubliness" in the back will go down some :)

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
You guys actually wash your jeans???

Kidding. Kind of.

I'd like to raise a hand for bog standard 501 STF"s. Here in the USA they can be got for about 15-20 quid or less if you buy at the right times, they come in lots of colors and once you've done the soak you have a custom fit. For 200 pounds which is approx 300 dollars you could by upwards of ten pairs if you wait until Black Friday. If you wash them in the machine only rarely and instead chuck them in the freezer for a day or two with some bicarbonate of soda you can get about 4-5 years of moderately hard wear out (4+ wears per week) of each pair.

I'm sure it's not like wearing a pair of premium selvedge jeans (and I must admit, I've jonesed for these in the past!) and all that but it works for me. Personally I'd rather save my money up and spend it on fancy leather items such as belts, wallets and jackets.

That highwayman is fantastic by the way.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for the recommendation and all for the compliments.
I'll agree, I got lucky with the lengths this time around... The body ended up being an inch shorter than originally spec'd: (26 inch vs. 27 inch). If I include the front "dip" when measuring from the back, it comes out to a perfect 27". The back alone is 26".
A few people have noticed recently, but it really is a revelation for some of us in the 6'2" club to find out that we can get away with shorter jackets than were used to (and they look better for it!) When you're tall I think you always end up veering on the long side.
I believe Schitzo's AL jacket is only 25.5" in length, and he's over six feet. That is only .5" longer than standard HWM length!
So how much does torso length have to do with it? Not too sure there's an easy answer, as I've always been under the assumption I've been built with a long torso. Maybe not?
Of course if we all wore pinks like the WWII guys we could get away with 23" length though!
Here's where I think it gets weird...
If you look at the original Thurston pic they put up of my jacket before it was shipped out the thing looks very long!
Now if you cruise over to the Aero sale page you'll find a few 26 back lengths (and even longer) that look no longer than a standard HWM! How much of this is camera perspective? These jackets aren't labeled long and don't look the part either!
Jackets are a strange business.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for the recommendation and all for the compliments.
I'll agree, I got lucky with the lengths this time around... The body ended up being an inch shorter than originally spec'd: (26 inch vs. 27 inch). If I include the front "dip" when measuring from the back, it comes out to a perfect 27". The back alone is 26".
A few people have noticed recently, but it really is a revelation for some of us in the 6'2" club to find out that we can get away with shorter jackets than were used to (and they look better for it!) When you're tall I think you always end up veering on the long side.
I believe Schitzo's AL jacket is only 25.5" in length, and he's over six feet. That is only .5" longer than standard HWM length!
So how much does torso length have to do with it? Not too sure there's an easy answer, as I've always been under the assumption I've been built with a long torso. Maybe not?
Of course if we all wore pinks like the WWII guys we could get away with 23" length though!
Here's where I think it gets weird...
If you look at the original Thurston pic they put up of my jacket before it was shipped out the thing looks very long!
Now if you cruise over to the Aero sale page you'll find a few 26 back lengths (and even longer) that look no longer than a standard HWM! How much of this is camera perspective? These jackets aren't labeled long and don't look the part either!
Jackets are a strange business.

image_zpsda59e195.jpg

image_zps20c11fdf.jpg

image_zps8601a3c7.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nick, I agree completely with your assessment that a back length of 26" for the HWM is optimal for you, and think that another look at your pictures is appropriate. My HWM has a back length of 26.5" (I am 6'2" tall) and could easily be reduced by 1/2" to 1" and still be acceptable. For me the critical measurement is sleeves and would rather have a jacket fit at my knees than have a "stork arms" feel with sleeves that are too short.:D BTW your sleeves also look perfect!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn