Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero jacket in the house!

Bern1

One of the Regulars
Hi all,

After 15 years of Lost Worlds jackets, I finally pulled the trigger on an Aero. It's a Bootlegger, brown FQHH off of ebay. I saw it on there and just couldn't resist. I liked everything about it, the color, the look, the simple lining. (I think it is some kind of cotton?) This is the first Aero I've bought, and even to my knowledge actually ever seen.

Since I had been corresponding with Carrie about a Teamster, she had determined that the correct size for me was 40, so when this jacket came up I just jumped on it. Since I normally wear a 42 I was kind of apprehensive....but no worries, it fits perfectly!

I am totally happy, sleeve length is perfect, I love how the leather looks, it's different than LW of course, a little lighter I think. Curiously, it doesn't seem to have the storm cuffs that are described on the Aero web site.

I had been holding off jackets for the last year or so......after all now the count is up to seven leather jackets and....well really the closet was getting crowded and I can only wear one at a time. First world problem.

At some point I'm going to make that Teamster happen.......Midnight Blue is calling!

Cheers all!

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congrats!!
I started with Schott. Graduated to Lost World's and then cheated with Aero.
Lost World's and Aero. My three way love affair!!!

Retromoto

One of the Regulars
OP, You mentioned "Carrie" in your posting, is she a "Aero" employee? I've been looking at the "Teamster" and would rather order direct from Scotland as there seems to be a benefit on pricing given the exchange rates. I'm just not sure about fit giving the sometime European sizing differences.
Retromoto

eugenesque

One of the Regulars
OP, You mentioned "Carrie" in your posting, is she a "Aero" employee? I've been looking at the "Teamster" and would rather order direct from Scotland as there seems to be a benefit on pricing given the exchange rates. I'm just not sure about fit giving the sometime European sizing differences.
Retromoto
Part of the Thurston custom process is that they send you a fit jacket to try. This can actually simplify the fit process if you aren't going to Scotland to get measured. They also have dedicated production slots in Aero so production might be slightly faster.

eugenesque

One of the Regulars
I am always open to moving from racer jackets to a bootlegger. Looking forward to pictures!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff