Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW CALIFORNIAN VENTURA

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Terry, that was an exceptionally nice video illustrating two great jackets. If it were me, I think I'd prefer the less snug fit of the first, including the longer sleeves, although both seem like great fits, just different. I have enjoyed watching all of your videos that are far more informative than just pictures.

Thanks. The Himel/Ventura does have a nice fit. I just can't decide which one to keep. They are all exceptional jackets.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Fanch, this jacket fits you perfect, no less! Coming from Goodwear the quality will be the best you can get, too. Congratulations! That's definitely a keeper, maybe the one. Seriously looks great on you.

Terry, another two great jackets. I'm waiting for pictures of your showroom where we can see them all together. Must be quite the collection by now! I'm currently at 7 jackets and I already consider institutionalizing myself, but there's another part in me who envies you and wants all these styles and jackets too. :D

Can't get them all in one room!

lina

Practically Family
And the Ventura (left) compared to my Sheene (right). I just tried on both the Ventura and Sheene with the same jeans and found both jackets to have virtually the same back length, or rather just barely clear my back pockets at the same point. Same clearance in front too.
View attachment 49302 View attachment 49303

Thanks for these comparisons. Just to be clear, are all the jackets marked 44s..?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for these comparisons. Just to be clear, are all the jackets marked 44s..?
The Ventura is the only one marked as size 44. The Aero's are all marked as size 42. For whatever reason, my Ventura and Sheene seem to fit similarly.

lina

Practically Family
The Ventura is the only one marked as size 44. The Aero's are all marked as size 42. For whatever reason, my Ventura and Sheene seem to fit similarly.

Thanks, that's helpful to know. I am interested in the Ventura, but just discovered that a 44 Aero Maxwell is too big for me, while the 42 Aero was a bit tight in the chest and shoulders. So thinking maybe the 44 Ventura might be right...

lina

Practically Family
Again, a great jacket and I am seriously considering getting one of the black ones remaining. But I notice one thing that seems odd, that it has both a bi-swing back AND a yoke. Seems like having the yoke across the shoulders defeats the purpose of the gussets. That is, they fall below the shoulder and thus it seems like you wouldn't get the sort of extra reach you need when your arms are on the handlebars. I'll be using this for riding, so this actually makes a difference to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo