Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New GB Expedition

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Club Obi-Wan, home to levels of knowledge about Indiana Jones gear that borders on terrifying...

http://www.indygear.com/cow/

Oh, and I'd like to put in a good word about Wested's Indy jackets.

I have nothing against G&B's jackets - I have two, a Civil A-2 and Historical M-422A - and they are very well made and extremely tough... mine practically still look new after ten and seven years of heavy wear. If you want an Indy jacket interpreted as a tough, milspec-like garment, they (or to a lesser extent, US Wings) are a fine choice. However, if you want an accurate movie-wardrobe jacket a la the 1980s originals, and you want custom modifications and personal sizing, Westeds are a fantastic value. My Wested lambskin is a great "summer weight" leather jacket, and fits me far better than any off-the-rack jacket would. No, the construction and materials aren't top flight, but they are great for the price. And, when I accidentally tore the back panel a few years ago, Wested repaired it magnificently for free and paid the return shipping!

Anyway, Wested jackets don't get enough respect. No, they're not milspec-tough, they're just movie wardrobe. But they're custom-sized and offer a lot of customization options at a very fair price...

Peter at Wested is helpful and a nice sausage - but take care. There were 3 versions of the film jacket (4 if you count the atrocious Crystal Skull) His Temple of Doom is an exact copy of the film jacket but his Last Crusade looks very little like the film version, and his Raiders has only recently started looking accurate, after much feedback from the fans. The original patterns have clearly gone missing.

Panacheman

Familiar Face
Club Obi-Wan, home to levels of knowledge about Indiana Jones gear that borders on terrifying...

http://www.indygear.com/cow/

Oh, and I'd like to put in a good word about Wested's Indy jackets.

I have nothing against G&B's jackets - I have two, a Civil A-2 and Historical M-422A - and they are very well made and extremely tough... mine practically still look new after ten and seven years of heavy wear. If you want an Indy jacket interpreted as a tough, milspec-like garment, they (or to a lesser extent, US Wings) are a fine choice. However, if you want an accurate movie-wardrobe jacket a la the 1980s originals, and you want custom modifications and personal sizing, Westeds are a fantastic value. My Wested lambskin is a great "summer weight" leather jacket, and fits me far better than any off-the-rack jacket would. No, the construction and materials aren't top flight, but they are great for the price. And, when I accidentally tore the back panel a few years ago, Wested repaired it magnificently for free and paid the return shipping!

Anyway, Wested jackets don't get enough respect. No, they're not milspec-tough, they're just movie wardrobe. But they're custom-sized and offer a lot of customization options at a very fair price...

Thanks strange with all the things I had been hearing about Wested lately on the forums i was getting a little gun shy. Im about to pull the trigger on a custom sized raiders in horse or goat and on a custom fit of one of their new movie replicas http://www.wested.com/new-magneto-style-jacket-519-p.asp. im really not going with screen accuracy in either of them but I like the style and to pass up a custom fit seems like a bonehead way to save money

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80