Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New GW Cooper in Steer (drool worthy)

Edward

Bartender
I like the zip on its own aesthetic terms, completely aside from it being correct. Still makes me smile to think of a steer A2 being praised as the last word in accuracy after all those years of it being sneered at as wrong and inferior... lol Lovely jacket.

I like the zip on its own aesthetic terms, completely aside from it being correct. Still makes me smile to think of a steer A2 being praised as the last word in accuracy after all those years of it being sneered at as wrong and inferior... lol Lovely jacket.
I heard that pink liners were also being found as we speak...that'll throw a wrench into the mix... lol

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Really nice to find out cow was used all of these years, even though its surprising. Gives repro buyers confidence that it holds up just as long.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Damnit! I was thinking the Irvin would be enough for the time being and then Butte shows us this. *puts head in hands*

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Ok, let's see: £933 over 18 months... taking into account the likelihood of my untimely death... plus the Irvin... sheesh, that's almost do-able... aarghh! Mind you, I haven't included in the girlfriend disapproval multiplier, which will make the 18 months feel like three years.

I've learned over the years I'm better off spending a bit more/waiting a bit longer for quality then settling for less.
I just end up wishing I'd gone with my first choice and often end up getting it anyway.....final outcome being I spend more overall and have a longer wait than if I'd taken that path in the first place.

Last edited:
It's hard the first time (or two) but you learn. Once you get something good, it's easier to wait on the next. Sorta. But nothing like getting a great jacket. Anything less just disappoints. Look at the pics posted on this forum. There's a reason it gets addicting. And I wonder how many guys are single because of it lol

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
True. As they say: buy cheap, buy twice. :) But prepared to be cooking for one on a regular basis!

Last edited:
True. As they say: buy cheap, buy twice. :) But prepared to be cooking for one on a regular basis!

Yep. Nothing costs so much as buying cheap.

The secret is in how you "sell" it.
I've found pointing out I could be spending the money on a mistress a good way to add some perspective to the situation. (You have to time that one right though......:eeek:)
Also....the longer the wait, the less noticeable the cash outflow, if you have the discipline to set aside a certain amount towards the jacket every month. A separate bank account helps with that.:D

schitzo

Suspended
I've found pointing out I could be spending the money on a mistress a good way to add some perspective to the situation. (You have to time that one right though......:eeek:)

Jeff, that one is a master stroke, which I have duly noted. Bravo!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Y

Does that timing include being out of the country when you deploy the mistress line?:D It also relies on your other half not being the sort of person who would come back with a scything retort on the first bounce.:eeek:

of course. I get that it's not a threat. As i see it this is an expert riposte to be used in a heated situation, one that's all of her making.

Is that how you would wield it?

I found it works best if told with a bit of an impish grin and a bit of a twinkle in the eye. ;)

Does that timing include being out of the country when you deploy the mistress line?:D It also relies on your other half not being the sort of person who would come back with a scything retort on the first bounce.:eeek:

In the end you never do win. Just try to keep the damage to a minimum.
As the song says;

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot at someone who outdrew you".

Ishmael

Practically Family
Part of the problem is that we've become so accustomed to cheap clothes (well, cheap everything), that it can be hard to actually shell out for something well made.

The recent tragedy in Bangladesh got some airtime for the author of "Overdressed", a fascinating account of the cost of cheap clothes. In an interview on NPR, she talks about the great contrast between the percentage of our salaries that goes to clothes today, and that of a century ago. Can't remember the exact figures, but basically the average person spends next to nothing on clothes today.

http://www.npr.org/2013/05/02/180557959/ethical-fashion-is-the-tragedy-in-bangladesh-a-final-straw

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
True. As they say: buy cheap, buy twice. :)
And there's no good mid-price option any more. That slice of the market has gone the way of the DeSoto and the Pontiac. What you get when you pay a little more is not quality, but the same cheap stuff with gimmicks and geegaws added to appeal to the consumerist.

It doesn't have to be that way, but for right now, it pretty much is.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails