Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Lost Worlds Suburban

OceanBreeze

One of the Regulars
Read a lot about how Lost Worlds makes an incredible jacket so I ordered one. It's a suburban size 42 in Russet Horsehide. On the phone they recommended 3oz for casual wear so that's what I got. This 3oz itself is very thick, heavy, and durable looking. It will take some time to break in. Overall the craftmanship is absolutely outstanding in every way.

IMG_0025.JPG
IMG_0026.JPG

53Effie

A-List Customer
Very nice jacket. I agree with you. I bought an LW this summer (Buco Rider) and the quality is excellent in my view. Mine is 3.5 oz horsehide and it is not quick to break in but I'm getting there. Enjoy your new Suburban. It looks great.

OceanBreeze

One of the Regulars
Very nice jacket. I agree with you. I bought an LW this summer (Buco Rider) and the quality is excellent in my view. Mine is 3.5 oz horsehide and it is not quick to break in but I'm getting there. Enjoy your new Suburban. It looks great.

It's definitely a lifetime product, and lives up to the hype.

nabottle

A-List Customer
Way to go. That's a killer jacket and it will last you as long as you need it to. I wish I had been as reasonable as you when I ordered a jacket from them a few years ago. Stuart recommended 3 or 3.5 oz., but I got 4.5 oz. BIG MISTAKE for me. Lesson learned. Either way, they make dynamite jackets and yours is looks great!

OceanBreeze

One of the Regulars
Way to go. That's a killer jacket and it will last you as long as you need it to. I wish I had been as reasonable as you when I ordered a jacket from them a few years ago. Stuart recommended 3 or 3.5 oz., but I got 4.5 oz. BIG MISTAKE for me. Lesson learned. Either way, they make dynamite jackets and yours is looks great!
Did it ever break in?

nabottle

A-List Customer
Did it ever break in?
Not completely..........I recently sold it due to the "armor like feel". It was so heavy, I rarely wore it. But then again, I live in Florida. I would sit, lay, and even sleep on it for months, trying to get it broken in and it did help, but the bottom line was - It's too heavy and uncomfortable for me to wear. I firmly believe you could get stabbed and the knife wouldn't penetrate that 4.5 oz. horsehide. It was a beautiful jacket, but I should have listened to Stuart. He suggested I get 3.5 oz. at the heaviest and he is the professional here. It was my loss financially, but also a big learning lesson.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Not completely..........I recently sold it due to the "armor like feel". It was so heavy, I rarely wore it. But then again, I live in Florida. I would sit, lay, and even sleep on it for months, trying to get it broken in and it did help, but the bottom line was - It's too heavy and uncomfortable for me to wear. I firmly believe you could get stabbed and the knife wouldn't penetrate that 4.5 oz. horsehide. It was a beautiful jacket, but I should have listened to Stuart. He suggested I get 3.5 oz. at the heaviest and he is the professional here. It was my loss financially, but also a big learning lesson.
Too soon old; too late smart. At least for me! :D

Bern1

One of the Regulars
Great jacket Ocean Breeze. I have LW jackets in both 3 and 4 oz leather. Both comfortable in different ways. Lighter drapes more easily and the heavier feels like armor! The heavier jacket doesn't really feel all that heavy once it's on. Break in time about the same really. I wore mine in the rain as much as possible, it helped shaping it to my liking.

OceanBreeze

One of the Regulars
Depending on where you live in Florida I would imagine that the 4.5oz could be pretty hot.

OceanBreeze

One of the Regulars
Great jacket Ocean Breeze. I have LW jackets in both 3 and 4 oz leather. Both comfortable in different ways. Lighter drapes more easily and the heavier feels like armor! The heavier jacket doesn't really feel all that heavy once it's on. Break in time about the same really. I wore mine in the rain as much as possible, it helped shaping it to my liking.

That's interesting because they said the 3oz would break in faster. Good to know it can take a beating in the rain, not that it ever rains where I live ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn