Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New LW Ryder

Jwag

One of the Regulars
After several years of owning my LW A2, I decided to use my tax return on something new. Someday I would like to own an Aero, but I think I have been brainwashed by LW's website:) . I contacted Stuart and requested a Ryder half belt made to my measurements, only I wanted an additional pocket. I requested 3.5 oz horsehide. After waiting just a month, my jacket arrived. The craftsmanship is outstanding! And the fit is spot on perfect. The size tag states this is a 34 Short. The back length is 23" as I requested. As compared to my A2 (a LW Sales item) the leather is much more quiet, and has a very even grain. My A2 is very noisy, and the grain even when new was much more varied. Here are some poor quality pictures. my good camera is dead and I can't find the charger. *Better pictures now on page 3*

P82A10921.jpg

P82A10901.jpg

P82A10891 (1).jpg

Last edited:

dan_t

Practically Family
Well, I don't know a great deal about LW jackets, but I DO know that this jacket, my friend, is one sharp looking piece!
I'll be the first to say it; fit pics please.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
That's a lovely jacket...I'm told the LW horse is solid as a rock. That will last your entire life. Congrats.

thor

Call Me a Cab
Cool jacket, and indeed, LW build their jackets to withstand anything. Bring on the zombie apocalypse!!! Congrats on a great jacket.

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
Looks great. The LW Ryder is one of my favorite styles. The dual chest pockets make it look like a Suburban from the front but I do know that the Suburban has a boxier cut. The Ryder is a bit more form fitting, which I prefer.

Jwag

One of the Regulars
I found my charger, I'll try to get some detail shots this weekend. I asked for a length of 23" so I decided to measure the back and found it to be exactly 23" which is awesome. I't's gonna take a long time to get this broken in. It's supposed to be around 3.5oz. Either Stuart overlooked this and made it from his standard 4.0+oz hide, or this really is "lighter" 3.5oz and I'm just not manly enough for it...

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Dagnabit! Congrats on your new jacket it looks marvelous. Can't wait for some fit picks. I'm drooling all over myself and that's the problem. You make me want to get a LW so bad I can taste it! It's like holding out a glass of water to a thirsty man, but he can't have none! Man that jacket looks bad as hell!

Worf

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Dagnabit! Congrats on your new jacket it looks marvelous. Can't wait for some fit picks. I'm drooling all over myself and that's the problem. You make me want to get a LW so bad I can taste it! It's like holding out a glass of water to a thirsty man, but he can't have none! Man that jacket looks bad as

Worf

Settle down big fellah...I seem to recall that you have a little vincenza number headed your way?

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
It's comforting to know I'm not the only one with a squeaky jacket. The only saving grace is, when you're outside and there's more ambient noise, the squeaking is less noticeable. Or, as I once learned in a Psych class, "Misery demands company,"

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
It's comforting to know I'm not the only one with a squeaky jacket. The only saving grace is, when you're outside and there's more ambient noise, the squeaking is less noticeable. Or, as I once learned in a Psych class, "Misery demands company,"

Use a small amount of baby powder on the seams and elbows. I tried this with a couple of heavy horsehide LW jackets that were a bit squeaky and they calmed right down. Don't freak out when it dulls down the leather just rub a bit more and it works out fine. I got this off the FL a few years ago and was really surprised.

Edward

Bartender
Nice jacket, in a fifties era, more relaxed take on the halfbelt than prewar, imo. Lost Worlds make a nice product.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy