Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New LW Ryder

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Pbbbst... don't you have some sheep to shear or wallabees to wrestle.... let a man lust will ya!??!!

Worf

Crikey Worf!!Don't remind me of all the work I'm behind in! A dingo just stole my Langlitz and Ive also got a crocodile here I'm trying to make belts and wallets out of....if only the bloody thing would sit still and stop eating german tourists....

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
Use a small amount of baby powder on the seams and elbows. I tried this with a couple of heavy horsehide LW jackets that were a bit squeaky and they calmed right down. Don't freak out when it dulls down the leather just rub a bit more and it works out fine. I got this off the FL a few years ago and was really surprised.

I already tried that. I even got some powder on ebay that's made for fountain pens so i'd have the best stuff. Long story short: It worked for a while and then the old sounds came back.

Jwag

One of the Regulars
Here's the close ups. enjoy

033 (800x652).jpg

023 (800x592).jpg

024 (800x677).jpg

Last edited:

Jwag

One of the Regulars
My crappy fit pictures. Fit is a personal thing, and I like my jackets to end just above the back pockets. Of course this varies a bit from the type of jeans I'm wearing. Some better than others. The sleeve length is about perfect for me. I don't ride, so they end just slightly below the wrist. The two chest pocket zippers are nos Talon. The main zipper is a "Scovill Conmatic".

019 (502x800).jpg
020 (524x800).jpg
021 (498x800).jpg
022 (563x800).jpg

Not sure what's up with the "attached thumbnails"? oh well.

Attachments

• 030 (800x597).jpg
    030 (800x597).jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 227
  • 031 (800x599).jpg
    031 (800x599).jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 235
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
That is a really great looking Ryder! Fit looks perfect. Have fun breaking it in. LW's has really improved their horsehide over the last few years and looks really nice over time.

Plumbline

One Too Many
Many may think what they want about Stu ...... but that man can make a mean jacket ! Looks substantial and from Stu you'd expect nothing else. My Suburban has the heavy satin lining and it works so well especially with a shirt underneath which other materials can grab on.

Looks like the break in will be bloody :D ...... wear it well Jwag

Heh, fits you exactly like my CR does and only now do I see how great this looks! Fantastic!

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I really dig some of the LW stuff. Would love to own one one day....I don't know how I feel about the brown they offer. It's probably magic in real life, but the black looks great. That will be with you for hopefully many years to come.

And yeah, I have deep respect for LW jackets and would absolutely love to own one some day, and will, as soon as the finances will allow it. Just don't know which one... I wish they'd do something about that CR of theirs, otherwise it's just a copy of a 141.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I really dig some of the LW stuff. Would love to own one one day....I don't know how I feel about the brown they offer. It's probably magic in real life, but the black looks great. That will be with you for hopefully many years to come.

The black is actually great but their russet HH is kind of dull compared to those offered by other makers.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
The black is actually great but their russet HH is kind of dull compared to those offered by other makers.

I agree. I much pref brown jackets in general...there isn't much variety in their offerings. I understand the quality is top notch, as is the workmanship...it's just the colour I'm not overly excited about. Would love to handle one and see the colour in the flesh....they do look like they are well put together, and I've never heard a single complaint about them.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The pictures are fantastic and the fit as well. As others have said, Stu makes a helluva jacket. Thanks so much for sharing.

Blackadder

I agree. I much pref brown jackets in general...there isn't much variety in their offerings. I understand the quality is top notch, as is the workmanship...it's just the colour I'm not overly excited about. Would love to handle one and see the colour in the flesh....they do look like they are well put together, and I've never heard a single complaint about them.

I have a black HH J23 and a russet HH A-2 passed through my hands onto a couple of friends but I still own a russet HH Ryder. The Ryder is a perfect fit but the colour is as said kind of dull.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Wowsers!!!! And double Wowsers!!!!! I've seen drunks less stiff than that jacket. It stands better'n most drunks I know. And the fit... Man I'm grinning ear to ear!!!!! Well done sir!!!

Worf

tropicalbob

Fantastic-looking jacket, and it looks like a perfect fit. How's it feel? Reason I ask is because I'm a fan of bi-swing backs and was thinking that jacket design could accomodate one, though I don't know if Stu would be amenable to such a request.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Very nice looking jacket. great features. I have a suburban that is probably 3.5 range, a Roadmaster maybe 2.5, and a Test that is over the limit. The Suburban is a very nice weight to me. He can really work leather. All are HH jackets. have been close to buying a couple of goatskin. Like it or not his horsehide is nice, nothing like I've seen. It is pretty old school leather. I've seen a couple of customs on ebay I even have one I forgot about. Doesn't fit me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic