Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Welcome. This place is a wonderful resource, read and learn. Post some pictures, including liner, sweatband and any tags under it. Someone is bound to be able to help.

DVNO

Familiar Face
Here again:

Hi there, I'm Daniel from Hamburg, Germany and I'm new here. I'm 31 years old and own five hats at the moment. The new one is a blue Borsalino Fedora, the others are all way cheaper and it took me some time to get to the point where I fell in love with quality hats. I also like flat caps and other headgear. I hope I'll have some interesting conversations in here and I'm looking forward to learn many exciting things about hats. :)

Here again:

Hi there, I'm Daniel from Hamburg, Germany and I'm new here. I'm 31 years old and own five hats at the moment. The new one is a blue Borsalino Fedora, the others are all way cheaper and it took me some time to get to the point where I fell in love with quality hats. I also like flat caps and other headgear. I hope I'll have some interesting conversations in here and I'm looking forward to learn many exciting things about hats. :)

Welcome to the lounge, Daniel. Pour yourself something strong of your own choosing (coffee, tea, or something "potent"), relax, and poke around. You're among friends and fellow hat enthusiasts. Let's see some pics of your Borsalino when you get a chance. We're here to help.

And by help, we mean encourage you to buy more hats!

RJR

Here again:

Welcome .

germanshepherd72

New in Town
Hello. I'm half bald, shave my head, and my female college professor friend suggested a Fedora to keep my head warm and not look like a slob wearing a cheap beenie.

I like the shape of the Homburg, but think a nice, solid color wool Homburg would look silly on me for daily use; far too dressy with jeans and a long sleeve cotton shirt. Agree?

Could anyone suggest a style, brand, and or material that dresses down as well as up? Maybe a narrow brim, or stingy brim tweed Fedora? I thought that maybe tweed in a brown color might look more casual. I can get a nice Homburg to go with my wool/cashmere pea coats later.

I'm not photogenic... I'll attach a pic of me in Manila. I'm 5'11" around 195 and have a slim face with a head size of 23.5. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
b0436bc232922b398c709516f4fa0147.jpg

Sent from my E5506 using Tapatalk

germanshepherd72

New in Town
Welcome to the lounge.
First question.....budget?
Johnny
Sorry. I had to switch apps and missed that. Would like to stay under a hundred bucks. Vintage would be OK. Here are 2 I found. Thoughts? I appreciate your help. I also travel to the Philippines yearly, probably necessitating a second hat other than wool.
fccfc052cca3c206ef3694df529c43ae.jpg
7abec37adb77c6e8f628e8724239f501.jpg

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
You like a hommie as stated so get what you like. Find a nice wider brim hommie. Pinch it to dress it down to wear with jeans and a dress shirt. Pop the pinches out if you want to dress it up with the overcoats. It's a cool hat pinched either way. Look at the guys here...
Mayser/Mmbarnes/BluesAZNmonkey/ and Bowlerman.

germanshepherd72

New in Town
Hi and welcome too! :)
Thank you. Are the 2 pictures I posted hommies?
You like a hommie as stated so get what you like. Find a nice wider brim hommie. Pinch it to dress it down to wear with jeans and a dress shirt. Pop the pinches out if you want to dress it up with the overcoats. It's a cool hat pinched either way. Look at the guys here...
Mayser/Mmbarnes/BluesAZNmonkey/ and Bowlerman.

Welcome in. Based on your description and the photo attached, I'd suggest something with about 2-1/4" brim, possibly a pork pie. But that's me. If you live within driving distance to a brick/mortar hat store, that's the best way to really find something you'll be happy with.

Enjoy the journey!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21