Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Thedi MTC-1279720 "Memphis" Arrived This Weekend

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to post some pics of my new Thedi "Memphis" (AKA "MTC-1279720" on his site) that arrived this past weekend. After having an extremely disappointing result when ordering my first Thedi through Thurston Brothers in 2021, I decided to go straight to the source for my second attempt. Boy, am I glad I did. Communicating with Theodoros via E-mail was easy and pleasant, not to mention extremely worthwhile.

As for the jacket itself, I decided to go with his buffalo leather in a cocoa color, which never seems to look the same twice. It really is amazing how different lighting affects the brown shade of this jacket. As for customizations, I tried to keep it simple by only adding a second chest pocket. The lining is camo, and my name is stamped on the right interior pocket. Speaking of which, I was very pleasantly surprised to find that Theodoros added a second interior pocket without me asking. I hadn't expected that, but since I always carry two phones, it's already become something I can't live without.

Anyway, it wouldn't be a new jacket without a photoshoot at the grocery store, so let's do it. How do you guys feel about the fit? Personally, I think it's bang on. That said, just like with my Aero, my girl looks better in it than I do.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention that this jacket is amazingly flexible. Never in my life have I been able to move so freely in a garment of any kind, especially leather. I don't know how it provides me with such complete range of motion, whereas my Aero keeps me locked in like a suit of armor. I'm sure the Aero's CXL has something to do with it, but the Thedi is so damn comfortable that it blows my mind.

IMG_3182.jpg
IMG_3183.jpg
IMG_3237.jpg
IMG_3271.jpg

IMG_3280.jpg

IMG_3259.jpg

All the best,

Max

Last edited:

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Congratulations Max, it looks great (on both of you)!

I like how Thedi finishes his leather, looks so vintage right out of the gate.

Out of curiosity, what didn’t work out with the Thurstons experience? I’ve often thought of going through the fit jacket process with them …

mumpy

A-List Customer
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to post some pics of my new Thedi "Memphis" (AKA "MTC-1279720" on his site) that arrived this past weekend. After having an extremely disappointing result when ordering my first Thedi through Thurston Brothers in 2021, I decided to go straight to the source for my second attempt. Boy, am I glad I did. Communicating with Theodoros via E-mail was easy and pleasant, not to mention extremely worthwhile.

As for the jacket itself, I decided to go with his buffalo leather in a cocoa color, which never seems to look the same twice. It really is amazing how different lighting affects the brown shade of this jacket. As for customizations, I tried to keep it simple by only adding a second chest pocket. The lining is camo, and my name is stamped on the right interior pocket. Speaking of which, I was very pleasantly surprised to find that Theodoros added a second interior pocket without me asking. I hadn't expected that, but since I always carry two phones, it's already become something I can't live without.

Anyway, it wouldn't be a new jacket without a photoshoot at the grocery store, so let's do it. How do you guys feel about the fit? Personally, I think it's bang on. That said, just like with my Aero, my girl looks better in it than I do.

View attachment 607312 View attachment 607313 View attachment 607314 View attachment 607315

View attachment 607316
View attachment 607317

All the best,

Max
Amazing jacket, great fit!

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Would she compromise and accept just one of them?

Your grocery photo shoots actually do capture the jackets in real life conditions extremely well.

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
Congratulations Max, it looks great (on both of you)!

I like how Thedi finishes his leather, looks so vintage right out of the gate.

Out of curiosity, what didn’t work out with the Thurstons experience? I’ve often thought of going through the fit jacket process with them …
Thanks for the kind words!

To answer your question, Carrie at Thurston didn't seem to take my fit concerns seriously. It should have been a huge red flag right off the bat, but I chose to ignore my gut feeling because I desperately wanted my first custom leather jacket. Anyway, what happened is that I communicated how I like jackets to fit snug, because I'm a pretty short/thin guy, and thus never like to look like a little kid who's swimming in his dad's clothes. As such, I wanted a SMALL/36S for my fit jacket. She then proceeded to send me a MEDIUM, which fit me like a dress. I was pretty annoyed and said as much in my response to her, but she told me not to worry, that she does this all the time and could tell exactly what changes needed to be made based on how the MEDIUM fit. Well, surprise surprise, when I got my Thedi six or seven months later (these were pandemic times), it fit terribly. Too long in the body and sleeves, too loose in certain areas, too tight in others, etc. I was so pissed. Luckily, I found a nice guy on TFL who wanted to buy it, so it all worked out and I only lost about 15% on the deal. That said, I'm a pretty frugal guy, so going through all of that only to LOSE money and end up with no jacket is something I'm still annoyed about.

That said, Carrie came through on my Aero jacket. I decided to give her another shot, because this time we were armed with the knowledge of how poorly my first Thedi ended up fitting, plus I gave her new measurements that were to the quarter of an inch. As such, my Ridley fits like a glove. That said, there won't be a third time with Thurston. If you want a jacket, communicate directly with the maker. I truly see no point in getting a middleman involved. The whole "fit jacket" process just seems like a total waste of time and money to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner