Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New (to me) Himel Bros/Goodwear Californian

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I hope you can get the arms shortened at a reasonable price, as that's a beautiful jacket and looks great on you. Excuse my ignorance, but couldn't you just tighten the straps at the wrist when you put it on?

lina

Practically Family
I hope you can get the arms shortened at a reasonable price, as that's a beautiful jacket and looks great on you. Excuse my ignorance, but couldn't you just tighten the straps at the wrist when you put it on?

Thanks , yeah I haven't checked on pricing yet, but with even just shipping somewhere and back (assuming I don't find someone local) probably running $60-70, the final bill won't be cheap in any case. Though of course worth it for a quality job on a "lifetime" jacket. Not sure if tightening the cinches would help much with the length issue, though maybe i don't quite get what you mean....

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
if you don't want to spend money on the alteration of the sleeve but want to keep the jacket, you can fold the bottom of the sleeve inside to desired length and just glue or double tape it there.

With a jacket like that, I would definitely send it back to the original manufacturer for any alterations done to it. Much rather than risk having it ruined. Or sell it and start anew. But then again you might never again see another jacket like this so... See if the alteration would still make it feasible and if so, go for it.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I think I would follow through with JC's recommendation if I were in the OP's situation. I see the buckles on the sleeves more as ornamental rather than functional. My Ventura/Himel doesn't even have the buckles on the sleeves, which is fine with me. I can still hardly believe my good fortune of getting an off-the-shelf jacket that fits me to perfection, particularly the 27.5" sleeves.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
All you need is a box cutter and a glue stick . . . :eek:

ptg01410892.jpg

315hl%2BfLt6L._SY355_.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoEllis