Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEWS BOY CAPS

Inusuit

A-List Customer
Hatterdashery in Seattle

I have three caps from this outfit. They offer a variety of materials and two styles at reasonable prices. Haven't ordered in a while, but the last time I did I was able to pick the wool tweed material for an 8-piece from fabric samples they sent me.

toobacat

One of the Regulars
Inusuit said:
I have three caps from this outfit. They offer a variety of materials and two styles at reasonable prices. Haven't ordered in a while, but the last time I did I was able to pick the wool tweed material for an 8-piece from fabric samples they sent me.

Do you have any pictures of these caps?

Inusuit

A-List Customer
I've been working on getting quality pictures to post on this and other internet sites. Not much success yet. There are pics on the Hatterdashery website. I'm technologically challenged, but I'll continue to try.

oldgimpy1

New in Town
excellent service from bware----ordered dec8 recieved dec11 from california to indiana in 3 days way faster than expected and the hat looks great,i may have to get a few more..

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I took everyone's advice and put a crease in the brim. Does this help?

DSC02880.jpg

Torpedo

One Too Many
Big Man said:
I took everyone's advice and put a crease in the brim. Does this help?

Yes it helps. Only thing I would say is to try and put a more rounded curve, in the photo it looks like a sharp angle to me.

BTW, your whole image in that photo rocks! :D

WildCelt

One of the Regulars
Torpedo said:
Yes it helps. Only thing I would say is to try and put a more rounded curve, in the photo it looks like a sharp angle to me.

I dunno, I'm a fan of the sharp angle, myself. That's what I have in all my scally caps.

I like the way that cap flops, Big Man; it looks good.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
Now you're Bonafide!:D

I wish I had taken an "after" picture. I was just getting ready to work on the fireplace (the one I'm leaning against). The old thing hasn't drawn good for the past 40 or so years, so says me, "I'll fix that." ;)

Well, the problem ended up being some old bricks had fallen out of the top of the chimney and clogged up the flue. After devising a method to knock them loose (Note: bricks fall incredibly fast down the flue - so GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY FAST), I managed to clear out about 20 old bricks. This included dislodging 40 years of accumulated coal soot and dust which were above the obstruction. :eek:

When I finished working I looked like a West Virginia coal miner from the 1920's. It was not a pretty sight! This also doesn't take into account the soot and dust covering everything in the room. [huh]

Cleaning up took a lot longer than fixing the problem, but at least the fireplace will now draw a cat clean off its feet at 10 feet. :eusa_clap

Riley Dee

One of the Regulars
Thick wale cord.

Here is mine for today:

WHAYW12162008-1.jpg

Big Man: I really like the bend versus the flat. Looks great on you

Mister Grey: The hat in your first picture is awesome. Looks really sharp.

Feraud: Love that flatcap.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Big Man, big improvement!
I think everyone will have their own personal tastes on what to do with that brim. I would not have gone with the sharp bend, but I think it's perfect with your face shape. Like John said, though, try playing with the top a little. Try both sides, or back a bit. See what you like. Not that it doesn't look fine, but newsboy caps can be fun to mess around with.

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
My first hat was a newsboy cap, I lent it to a friend in 8th grade and have yet to get it back...I"m now a junior.:rolleyes: she liked it a bit too much.

I love these hats though, have any of you seen NEWSIES? the hats in that... *faints* lovely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy