Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nice GAMS...What a DISH...

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
irony and juxtapostion

I think it funny that "Dame" is a title but you call a gal a dame and it's low class.

My favorite use of "frail" is from "Minnie the Moocher": "She was the roughest, toughest frail..."

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Angelicious

One of the Regulars
What about the term "viper" for a woman? Especially the, er, less trustworthy ones... ;)

Examples: The song "Youse A Viper" by Stuff Smith & His Onyx Club Boys, or the line "...Vipers like that don't stay for long! ..." in "Here Comes The Man With The Jive" by the same band.

Kay O'Hara

New in Town
Interestingly enough, many of these terms are still widely used today, particularly in circles where people gather to celebrate the era(s) in which these terms were common-place and never considered by the ladies of the time to be inappropriate. And in the arena of vintage stockings, *gams* will always be the word of choice used when describing lovely legs.

Forrestal

One of the Regulars
Call it Hell; call it Heaven?¢‚Ǩ¬¶..
It?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s a probable 12 to 7?¢‚Ǩ¬¶..
That the Guy?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s only doin?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ it for some DOLL!!!
Regards,
Nathan Detroit

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Manly body parts

Meat hooks for his big mitts i.e "He kept trying to get his meat hooks on me."
Different connotation than "biscuit hooks".
Many words were for either sex. "bean" for head, "glims" or "glimmers" for eyes, etc.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy