Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nutria felt in the modern day

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
In case anyone is interested in a Beaver/Nutria blend hat body. Winchester does make a hat body with that blend. The only catch is that they only do it for a single color, Natural. There is a new hat body to order in the near future for me. All other colors for blended hat body is Beaver and Rabbit/Hare.

RJR

If you get that beaver/nutria hood it will be interesting to see what you think of it,Vito.

Bumping this thread:
I just bought a NOS nutria Lagomarsino homburg From eBay. I’ve been looking at this hat for over a year and the price finally came down. This new hat is brown, and a few years ago I bought one in black from @Not-Bogart13 that has seen little use but looks and fits great. I hope this new hat is as good to me and doesn’t have the problems Perry @hatophile reported with his.

1F7291EA-E494-4AD0-B5ED-F2B0C3E12DF2.jpeg

I also wanted to make sure that those who care know that The Sunrise Hat Supply is currently offering both dress weight and western weight 100% nutria hat bodies. The color options are growing as the felter (unknown who it is) catches up on their back orders during this pandemic.

https://www.sunrisehatsupply.com/

Bumping this thread:
I just bought a NOS nutria Lagomarsino homburg From eBay. I’ve been looking at this hat for over a year and the price finally came down. This new hat is brown, and a few years ago I bought one in black from @Not-Bogart13 that has seen little use but looks and fits great. I hope this new hat is as good to me and doesn’t have the problems Perry @hatophile reported with his.

View attachment 270056

I also wanted to make sure that those who care know that The Sunrise Hat Supply is currently offering both dress weight and western weight 100% nutria hat bodies. The color options are growing as the felter (unknown who it is) catches up on their back orders during this pandemic.

https://www.sunrisehatsupply.com/
I had a conversation with a guy at Sunrise and the felter is located in S America but he would not identify the country.
I have two Winchester Nutria bodies that I bought from Art. It is wonderful felt, has a softer more pliable hand than the Beaver......Had I known I would have bought all of his stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran