Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nutty Neighbors

Lincsong said:
Well, the old lady who accused me of poisoning her vegetables caught me in the driveway today. She asked me if I could move some cement blocks in her backyard, so I said, "sure where do you want them?" and I moved them for her. She then apologized for yelling at me. I told her don't worry about it. :)

The woman is obviously mentally deficient so helping her out was good. Where was the husband? Didn't she have him mowing the lawn after a hernia operation? I am surprised she didn't have him out there moving them. :eusa_doh: At least you saved him. [huh]

Elaina

One Too Many
Fletch said:
I'm still trying to figure how Elaina rigged a peignoir to hold a coffee cup. She obviously has me beat in mechanical aptitude.

Pockets. No fuzzy slippers, I have heeled and feathered ones. I do have the cat and cemetery. Here's the cat, I'm too lazy to grab a pic of the other.
Picture004-1-1.jpg

As to the rest, I do get pretty nutty when I get annoyed. Most of it is to my only real neighbor who won't use a weed eater and is breaking my fence down. I shred a tire on his lawnmower at least once a month. I go out and yell at his grandkids for tormenting the dog, and a few days ago nailed the lot of them with a hose. It's just not near as funny as the rest of it.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
The woman is obviously mentally deficient so helping her out was good. Where was the husband? Didn't she have him mowing the lawn after a hernia operation? I am surprised she didn't have him out there moving them. :eusa_doh: At least you saved him. [huh]

I'm assuming the husband was inside resting because she had him outside these past two weeks; first week pulling up the lawn and second week laying brick planters and planting where the lawn once was located.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
A garden store just dropped a load of decorative rocks on her driveway today. She's going to use them to cover where the grass was located. I'm sure she'll have the husband out there tomorrow. And when it collects too many leaves, twigs, dirt etc, she'll have it pulled up. She just told me she's going to wash the rocks because she's not too happy with the color.

Tourbillion

Practically Family
My neighbors have progressed from crazy to dangerous. Where to begin...?

My neighbors practice Santeria in their living room with about 20 friends just about every Sunday. So, no parking on Sundays, and they are playing drums chanting and probably sacrificing animals. They also seem to be mentally deficient, since they covered their front yard in bathroom linoleum. I could understand and appreciate Spanish tile--the folks around the corner did a nice job and put in a lovely fountain, but the first time it rained, they had bubbling linoleum. :rolleyes:

I actually prefer them to the church next door, since they make less noise late at night, and don't throw things at my house/animals/break windows/shoot hoops at midnight, etc. They also can set the alarm on their cars without setting it off unlike the people in the church.

Then I head another neighbor discussing his being brought in for a lineup. He said they asked him his whereabouts for a certain day, he said "I couldna done it man, I was in JAIL." An airtight alibi for certain, but they arrested him on separate charges later and he went back to jail. He got out this summer, but then was arrested again recently. :eek:

This together with last night's party down the street that started at 2 am when the bars closed, and ended with the arrest of at least 2 neighbors at 6 am after violence, brings the known arrest number this summer just on my block to at least 5. :(

However, they didn't catch the persons responsible in the two separate incidents where car windows were shot out, so more arrests seem likely.

THe Conductor

One of the Regulars
I had a house of 'skater punks' that finally got evicted. Don't mean to sound like an old crummigan, but I don't enjoy waking up in the middle of the night listening to a bunch of drunk kids fighting in the road. That and the half dozen cars parked in the 2 car drive was always enjoyable.

Guess the landlord finally came by and had them victed when he inspected the place and found that it smelt of weed, the couch was thrashed, and the water heater beat in. Better luck next time I guess.

LuckyLady

New in Town
In the house upstate I just moved from, we had a neighbor who was a few cards short of a deck. She called us in a frenzy one night during a power outage during a real nasty storm, asking if she needed to open a window or door. I told her no, not unless she wanted an indoor pool, and asked why she'd want to do such a thing. She was worried about depleting the oxygen in her house before the power came back on. :eusa_doh:

This of course, is the same woman who'd occasionally leave gifts for us on our porch, ring the doorbell, and haul you-know-what back to her house.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Diamondback said:
Core logic systems estimate a 99.355% probability that "you-know-what" can be politely construed to mean "derriere".

* Main Entry: der·ri·ere
* Variant(s): or der·ri·ère \ˌder-ē-ˈer, ˌde-rē-\
* Function: noun
* Etymology: French derrière, from Old French derrier back part, rear, from derier, adverb, behind, from Late Latin deretro, from Latin de from + retro back
* Date: 1774

: buttocks

She hauled her "derriere" back into her house. That is not nutty. That is a good thing....I think [huh]

Lincsong said:
A garden store just dropped a load of decorative rocks on her driveway today. She's going to use them to cover where the grass was located. I'm sure she'll have the husband out there tomorrow. And when it collects too many leaves, twigs, dirt etc, she'll have it pulled up. She just told me she's going to wash the rocks because she's not too happy with the color.

Not happy with the color of rock?! Next she will be spray painting them. :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
Tourbillion said:
My neighbors have progressed from crazy to dangerous. Where to begin...?

My neighbors practice Santeria in their living room with about 20 friends just about every Sunday. So, no parking on Sundays, and they are playing drums chanting and probably sacrificing animals. They also seem to be mentally deficient, since they covered their front yard in bathroom linoleum. I could understand and appreciate Spanish tile--the folks around the corner did a nice job and put in a lovely fountain, but the first time it rained, they had bubbling linoleum. :rolleyes:

I actually prefer them to the church next door, since they make less noise late at night, and don't throw things at my house/animals/break windows/shoot hoops at midnight, etc. They also can set the alarm on their cars without setting it off unlike the people in the church.
Santeria ? Nice had a Cuban Neighbo
Then I head another neighbor discussing his being brought in for a lineup. He said they asked him his whereabouts for a certain day, he said "I couldna done it man, I was in JAIL." An airtight alibi for certain, but they arrested him on separate charges later and he went back to jail. He got out this summer, but then was arrested again recently. :eek:

This together with last night's party down the street that started at 2 am when the bars closed, and ended with the arrest of at least 2 neighbors at 6 am after violence, brings the known arrest number this summer just on my block to at least 5. :(

However, they didn't catch the persons responsible in the two separate incidents where car windows were shot out, so more arrests seem likely.
Santeria is something creepy ! My next door neighbors Uncle practiced that. He told me his Uncle had a closet full of lit candles and stuff. Speaking of parking here in OC (Over Crowded) it has really gotten crazy. Every house on my street has a least 4 cars. One Trash Day I noticed my trash was not collected. On my Trash Bin was a note stating they would not pick up my trash unless I moved my car. I went ballistic because the neighbor across the street has 8 thats 8 cars. They park in front of my house my neighbors house and leave no place to put my Trash. I own 2 cars that are parked in my Driveway. I called the city and explained they are not my Cars and I had no control over them. They come in all hours of the night and park too close to my Bin. The Lady I spoke to was stumped as that was a new one to her. I made her send a Truck out that day to pick up my Trash. The Truck shows up and the Drivers pissed (TS) I try to explain the situation and he blows me off. Again I went ballistic I went into to some colorful language. Shamefully I made my point to him that it not my fault. Well my tirade was heard by the neighbors because the following week they gave my Bin a wide berth.

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Ok here is our Nutty Neighbors

When we bought our house we were informed that the neighbor behind us had planted hostas on our property. Since we have squatters laws here which could allow neighbors to claim our property as theirs as they would be caretaking it we nicely asked them to move said hosta's which they did. For a year our neighbor would walk into our yard and advise up on how to do our yard work his way. Like disposing vs composting leaves: we were composting under pine tree to keep down the undergrowth of Buckthorn a problem plant in our area. He walked into our yard and informed us that it was illegal and that we had to bad and haul our leaves so we looked up city reg and they said nothing of the sort. Later he sent his son out to yell at my husband for snowblowing a path in our yard (son is my husband age and does not live with them). He and my husband almost came to blows (good thing there were large piles of snow separating them) as he started to say insulting things about me in the course of conversation. I then called neighbors and asked them if they could refrain from talking with us as it seems we have differing ideas on how to manage yards. He then started yelling at me about how I started it....and that we did illegal things that were against code. I again asked him to please leave us alone and hung up rather than listen to him rant and argue with him. We then planted 2 more pine trees 5 feet (the legal requirement) from his property line) . Now every year for the past 4 years these pine tree get pulled up by their roots the first hard frost of the year. On died 2 year ago. Last year I called the sheriff but they told us it was a civil matter and that they could do nothing. We have debated putting up a fence (we really cant afford one though) I suggested making it out of fat lady bending over signs.

HepKitty

One Too Many
I'm working on this thread, only on page 4 so far, and my next door neighbor is nothing compared to these stories. I just hope she doesn't turn into something similar

squatters laws? are they crazy???

Yeah, it's like "adverse possession"--but it basically means if you leave your property undeveloped and someone else comes along and makes "improvements", they can claim it as their own.

HK, people like this tend to escalate dramatically if not shut down early and hard--if it's not you, it'll be somebody else.

HepKitty

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
Yeah, it's like "adverse possession"--but it basically means if you leave your property undeveloped and someone else comes along and makes "improvements", they can claim it as their own.

HK, people like this tend to escalate dramatically if not shut down early and hard--if it's not you, it'll be somebody else.

they raked up some branches and stuff from around the clothesline but I don't think that the dog wrecking the same area could be considered "caring" for the property

that's right. the smack needs to be put down early on and once and for all. otherwise this garbage will go on forever. at the same time, I need to keep me out of trouble

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183