Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old Hollywood Stars: Before and After

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Kiri said:
I didn't know he dyed his hair!

Oh yes he did! :)

The story goes that Elvis wanted to be like Tony Curtis.

A natural blond, he dyed his hair in imitation of his 50s idol’s shiny black pompadour and continued tinting it that unnatural blue-black colour until the very end.

Any color of the rainbow, what difference does it make? it's all good ...:p
Elvis-Presley-rh01.jpg

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Indeed it is, Elvis is responsible for my total pomp hair fetish haha! It always tickled me he modelled his look on the greasy haired truck drivers he used to see driving about when he was a kid and he used to wear the black and pink trouser and shirt combo when he was at high school and get picked on! I'm not an Elvis fan by the way, can you tell?:)

Gromulus

Practically Family
Gorgeous,indeed!

OK, a man chiming in here. From the time I was old enough to know the difference between men and women to my "young" age of 52 now - Sophia Loren still takes my breath away! Perhaps it is my Italian/Sicilian heritage but she holds a special place for me. Raquel Welch and (a younger) Elizabeth Taylor are close behind with Ava Gardner and Rita Hayworth in the running.

Thanks for the pics!

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
cherry lips, if I may, I'd like to add to your original post:

Greta Gustafsson:
younggretagustafsson.jpg
[/IMG]

Greta Garbo:
GretaGarbo.jpg
[/IMG]

I'll always remember her line from Anna Christie, and if I remember correctly, Marie Dressler was in the scene: "Gimme a viskey ... and don't be stinchy, baby".

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
These have probably already been posted, I'm unsure.

Dita, before and after. She's not an 'old' Hollywood star, but I don't think there is a thread devoted to before and after shots of 'new' stars?

X
BD

ditavonteesespl_900x756.jpg

ditamakeover.jpg

Last edited:

Tatum

Practically Family
These have probably already been posted, I'm unsure.

Dita, before and after. She's not an 'old' Hollywood star, but I don't think there is a thread devoted to before and after shots of 'new' stars?

X
BD

She amazes me. Seeing her before pictures always makes me think: "80s valley girl to pinup", since that is what her before pics look like to me...

Clabbergirl

One of the Regulars
Thanks for much for starting this thread. I have enjoyed looking at all the stars and even learned a few things (I had no idea about Rita Hayworth's transformation). I'd never even thought of Laurence Olivier as a young man, let alone see a photo of him either. Awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner