Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old homes

rue

Anyone that knows me knows that I have a deep passion for old homes. It doesn't matter if they are in good condition or not... sometimes they tug at my heart, but most of the time they make me smile. I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we could share pictures of homes that we walk or drive past, maybe homes that caught our eye when we're traveling.

Here are a few that have caught my eye......

These make me smile:

IMG_4011_2_thumb2.jpg

IMG_3993_thumb2.jpg

IMG_3962_thumb3.jpg

IMG_3961_thumb5.jpg

This one is the house that got away. It was for sale, but we couldn't sell our house fast enough. It about killed me.
Farm_1.jpg

This one is just heart breaking. Left to die.....

IMG_3456.jpg

Anyone else? Please share :)

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Almost

Be carefull what you wish fore! My dream house just came up for sale, what you see is basically what you get, it isn't very deep, just wide. The floor plan is lousy, with a complete bath with claw foot tub on the first floor, and shower on the second. No real room for much of a garage out back, without taking most of the yard. But, as you can see, it has that million dollar view!
687975_1.jpg
ldd8d1043-w1x.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Here another of my dream houses. Out of my price range. Both my dream houses come up for sale at the same time and neither will work, I just can't win!
87962179711.jpg

rue

The first one is cute... I don't know when that house was built, but usually the bathroom situation, that you're describing, is brought on by the fact that it didn't have one originally so they put one where they could. Bathrooms weren't common until the 1900s-1920s, depending on your amount of wealth and where you lived in the United states. If it did have a bathroom the bottom floor was usually the place to have it so that guests could use it too.

The second one is amazing! What's wrong with it? Just the price or something else?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24