Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old homes

rue

Here are some old houses where I used to live...

Delaware, Ohio

61.jpg

148746-1.jpg

2829761-1.jpg

And here are a couple on Kelleys Island, Ohio on Lake Erie

k39.jpg

k40.jpg

Mike.....That reminds me of Storybook land at Disneyland :)

[video=youtube;IDzU2y0e10o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDzU2y0e10o[/video]

It was a visit to Madurodam in the Netherlands that provided Walt Disney the inspiration for what would eventually become Storybook Land at Disneyland.
Unfortunately this clip is in Dutch but it's the best one I found

[video=youtube;zUX4mRDUeNo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUX4mRDUeNo&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Here are some old houses where I used to live...

Delaware, Ohio

61.jpg

148746-1.jpg

2829761-1.jpg

And here are a couple on Kelleys Island, Ohio on Lake Erie

k39.jpg

k40.jpg

Wow, those are great. I love the old houses and the character that they have. Mine was built in 1929 and we have put a lot of work into it and so far I have only found one corner that is actually sqared.

Kirk

I'm always watching these clips of the rides at Disneyland even though I live just a few miles from there. I just noticed the "Invasion of the Giant Ducks" at 1:54. lol

Last edited:

Connery

One Too Many
Nice thread!!!

One of my favorite styles is Tudor similar to the one here:

287310629_G2iga-XL.jpg

The Chadbourn House is a fine example of a transitional Queen Anne/Tudor style. Listed on the national register of historic places It was also used in the movie "Public Enemies"

Last edited:

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I love old houses. They're so beautiful. Here's a photo of some of the most famous Victorian houses in the world...

Postcard-Row_6242.jpg

Located in Alamo Square, San Francisco, "Postcard Row" is one of the most photographed collections of West-Coast Victorian architecture in the United States.

I had the chance to see these beautiful buildings in-person when I went to San Francisco for a holiday back in 2001. Stunning homes.

I KNEW I recognized this house. A kid I went to school with lived here. The house is gorgeous inside, too.

Nice thread!!!

One of my favorite styles is Tudor similar to the one here:

287310629_G2iga-XL.jpg

The Chadbourn House is a fine example of a transitional Queen Anne/Tudor style. Listed on the national register of historic places It was also used in the movie "Public Enemies"

It is a gorgeous house. The Chadbourn family originally built it, as well as many other homes in Columbus. I'm a bit rusty on my Columbus history as I stopped working with the CDDC when I moved to Portage, but I believe they were bankers.

I can just imagine the floors, hard wood, I hope and the detail on the woodwork.:)

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Thanks to Tom I now know more than I wanted. Research is one of my greatest loves, but sometimes I get obsessive with it. Oh well I wasn't cooking for another hour anyway...:D
He was a banker....
For the first few years, he was interested in
making land entries for emigrants, and otherwise aided
them in securing homes; he gradually worked into the
business of money loaning, and in 1855, secured a
charter and began a regular banking business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR