Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Older women with younger men and VICE-VERSA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Come to think of it - and I am a happily married man - but if - let's just say if Sophia Loren (who is 10-12 years older than me) invited me on a date...;) ;) ;) :D Well, I would not and could not turn her down, could I???
(Wonder if she's a member of the lounge)

FedoraGent

One Too Many
It's quite the reverse for me...

I've found that it is quite the reverse for me. Magneto is a couple of years OLDER than I am and I suppose it works the other way for her. As the younger of the two, I suppose that her attitude is alot younger than mine, but I think this is common for me. I've always dated women older than me.

FG.

Pilotguy299

One of the Regulars
I think it depends

I've dated women older and younger than me and never really saw it as an issue. It's more about the "connection" and shared interest in activities and each other. Now I'll agree that it may be less likely to share interests with someone who is "relatively" older or younger (17+22 vs 30+35) but not always. I have more of a connection with a friend who is 10 years younger than I am than I do with some people my age. But I also have a connection with another friend who is 8 years older than me. To me age differences only seem to really be an issue when people are extremely young or extremely old.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Spitfire I think if that happened it would be a very platonic event at your stage in life, or mine. Your wife would probably encourage you to do it!:)

ferryengr

One of the Regulars
pretty faythe said:
I hadn't, not until last Saturday. Well, I'd driven through there, but never been there. Now I have!!

My last trip to AZ was through the north. The Grand Canyon, Canyon de Chelly, Route 66 - Arizona is beautiful!

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Twitch said:
Spitfire I think if that happened it would be a very platonic event at your stage in life, or mine. Your wife would probably encourage you to do it!:)

Don't know about you Twitch.
But no matter the event - and what ever way it went. It would be grand!
And - you are right - my wife doesn't mind:D :D
So Sophia - have you lost my number?

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Last night a 21-year-old guy hit on me. I told him I was 38, and he said I looked 25 and I was the most beautiful girl in the room. (Where's the swoon emoticon?) I said that I'd rather date someone my own age. :)

Later, I thought, what have guys my own age ever done for me? Maybe the fact that I seldom meet any is a sign that we're not very compatible. Why not go out with this guy? :)

Zig2k143

Practically Family
I'm with most of you... It isn't the person's age its their maturity level...

I'm 38 and my xwfie is 48 and my daughters mother is 30 and my last girlfriend is 23...

Age is just a number...

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
pigeon toe said:
Totally true! Since I'm still young (19) I'm more prone to thinking about age differences within the late teens and 20's. It's a lot less important once you reach mid-late 20's I believe. And for certain people, like yourself, age is never that important. But I feel for a lot of people it is.

*sigh* That older girl I was swooning for told me to call her...when I turned 20. :eusa_doh: I can't afford her anyway...

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Paisley said:
Last night a 21-year-old guy hit on me. I told him I was 38, and he said I looked 25 and I was the most beautiful girl in the room. (Where's the swoon emoticon?) I said that I'd rather date someone my own age. :)

Later, I thought, what have guys my own age ever done for me? Maybe the fact that I seldom meet any is a sign that we're not very compatible. Why not go out with this guy? :)

P,

I say go ahead and go out with this guy...however having set the expectation that you would rather date someone your age...re-frame the conversation so that he knows your interested and not just playing with his head. I had a girl friend go ahead and do that...and she's now been with the same guy for years. Exactly a 10 year difference in between. Same situation, younger man too.

Go for it. If it doesn't work out due to his maturity level or similarities for conversation at least you'll know you gave it a shot.

I almost didn't pursue Magneto. And if I hadn't taken the chance, we wouldn't be the happy vintage couple we are today.

:)

FG.

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Mr. Rover said:
*sigh* That older girl I was swooning for told me to call her...when I turned 20. :eusa_doh: I can't afford her anyway...

Ray, no loss then. Find someone that isn't worth the price of a mink stole... in other words find a gal that likes you for who you are rather than the excess of your wallet.

FG.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
FedoraGent said:
P,

I say go ahead and go out with this guy...however having set the expectation that you would rather date someone your age...re-frame the conversation so that he knows your interested and not just playing with his head. I had a girl friend go ahead and do that...and she's now been with the same guy for years. Exactly a 10 year difference in between. Same situation, younger man too.

Go for it. If it doesn't work out due to his maturity level or similarities for conversation at least you'll know you gave it a shot.

I almost didn't pursue Magneto. And if I hadn't taken the chance, we wouldn't be the happy vintage couple we are today.

:)

FG.

I did mention to him that I'd been interested in a few young guys, but for different reasons (one lived in another state, the other was just way too young--19 to my 36) we didn't get together. We could go to lunch; he works a few blocks from my office.

Thanks for your reply, Fedora Gent.

Lancealot

Practically Family
Paisley said:

I also say go for it.

I was on the other end of the situation with the lady I'm dating now. When I met her I wanted to go out with her but she thought I was to young my 28 to her 37. We met through friends and started hanging out and have since started dating and it has gone wonderfully so far.

I tend to date older women just for the maturity level. Not that being older automatically makes them more mature it just tends to work out that way.

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Went to the grocery store yesterday. My platonic friend, a girl who is a year older, and I split the groceries up to pay separately. We each had a bottle of vodka in the pile. She got carded. I didn't. Maybe it is time to shave the beard. It messes up the age scorekeepers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80