Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

One more hat

Joseph Casazza

New in Town
I just found this old shot of me in my beaver top hat - an old Filene's hat from Boston, here paired with a frock coat, though it looks pretty good with tails, too. I've since had it restored a bit. Replaced the ribbon.

Yes, I was much younger then. Better not to mention it.

1984114nt.jpg

Johnnysan

One Too Many
I've been off and on with facial hair for the past twenty years and I must say that the beard looks quite good. Maybe it's the whole ensemble, but the beard adds fullness to your features. Very Lincoln-esque!

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Joseph Casazza said:
Yes, I weighed about 30 lbs. more at that time, as well!

Well, I suppose that would add a bit of fullness to your features, too! ;)

Biltmore Bob said:
Me too Johnny, back and forth. I look more Amish or Hasidic though when I wear a beard.

LOL...I look more like "Mad Dog Vachon" on a bad hair day! I'm down to a goatee this days. A full beard and fedora just looks goofy on me, but I need something to hide my double chin!!

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Biltmore Bob said:
When I met my current wife...I had eight inches of beard and a twelve inch ponytail.

Was this before or after your days in law enforcement? I guessing not during, unless you were undercover narcotics! ;)

Biltmore Bob said:
...whatever did she see in me...

You must've been wearing one nice hat!

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
I was on medical leave for almost ten years for an injury sustained in the line of duty. I was in real bad shape, mentally and physically. I just let it go for awhile, in more ways than one....took the love of a good woman to rein me in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner