Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oops! Pyracantha slices my Aero FQHH

Lear

One of the Regulars
I managed to push past a large Pyracantha shrub, leaving a two inch slash in the shoulder of my FQHH Aero. It's a very neat slice, as if it's been made with a razor, but hasn't gone so deep as to completely separate the two edges; just half way through so far. Should I be concerned? Will it now have a tendency to spread, or eventually cause a true split in the FQHH (right through to the lining)? Or, is FQHH so tough it'll stay as is (which I can put up with)?

I do like to treat my jackets rough. No babying here. But a deep clean slice is another thing altogether. Pyracantha is deadly stuff. Who needs a guard dog :)

Thanks

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Why don't you call aero? They might have a trick to fix it?

I did the same thing on a pair of boots i have.
I had luck using leather glue in the split... Might be worth trying!
The good thing about it is that once dry you can just rub off extra glue that is on the surface of the leather.

I think this was the one i used:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bostik-Leat...8&qid=1385569701&sr=1-2&keywords=leather+glue

A friend of mine also used the glue to fix a cut on his jacket, completely sliced through, two inches long. He put a leather patch in between the leather and lining, soaked it in glue and glued it over the cut from the inside.
It is holding great and is pretty much invisible.

Last edited:

Lear

One of the Regulars
That's epic service right there!

Simply not good enough! Ha, ha, only kidding :p Yes, Aero has the best customer relations of ANY company I've ever dealt with. Outstanding :eusa_clap

Just emailed Holly and already had a reply.

Thanks Carlos840 and karhu21 for the advice.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I would not use superglue on leather, it goes hard and you want something that stays flexible like leather glue....

Any way, moot point, panel replacement wins!

Lear

One of the Regulars
I would not use superglue on leather, it goes hard and you want something that stays flexible like leather glue....

Any way, moot point, panel replacement wins!

If it starts getting worse, panel replacement it'll be, along with two buttons that need replacing. Might even get a thick wool lining at the same time. So glad I only have to ship from the UK.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
If it starts getting worse, panel replacement it'll be, along with two buttons that need replacing. Might even get a thick wool lining at the same time. So glad I only have to ship from the UK.
I would simply ship the thing back to Aero and have the panel and buttons replaced. It will drive you crazy until you do. Be glad you don't have to ship across the Pond. :D

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
my folks had one of those bushes, we call it a firethorn, holy crap are those things nasty. they arent realy thorns, more like a thousand spike branches 3 inches long. poked myself plenty on that bad boy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran