Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Crown Stetsons: A Call (Plea) to Retailers!!

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Rick, I'm really mad at you for tipping me off to that seller! ;)

They had another one listed, in my size. Still a decent deal considering the excellent quality felts retail above $300, but not nearly a good a deal as yours.

What was I going to do, not BIN it?

This is Deckard's last hurrah at Hat co, no?

RJR

Hat-Stetson Racine 4.jpg

Racine today.

makitright

One of the Regulars

You can get the excellent quality models for $256.00 shipped from Delmonico's when they have their 15% off sales. Rick's price was a mistake by the seller - I asked him to match the price for a New York model he had a few weeks back which he would not do. His price then was $210 plus $15 for shipping. Now he is at $230 plus $15 for the Excellent felt - so a savings of $12 bucks or so - you may as well buy from a warrantied retailer.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up

You can get the excellent quality models for $256.00 shipped from Delmonico's when they have their 15% off sales. Rick's price was a mistake by the seller - I asked him to match the price for a New York model he had a few weeks back which he would not do. His price then was $210 plus $15 for shipping. Now he is at $230 plus $15 for the Excellent felt - so a savings of $12 bucks or so - you may as well buy from a warrantied retailer.

Well sure, but Delmonico also doesn't have it on their site.

Also, I ain't no big city mathematician, but Delmonico is currently listing the New York at $325, and the excellent Temple at $315. At 15% off I'm getting $276 and $267 respectively.

Mostly I'm impatient and impulsive ;)

makitright

One of the Regulars
You are right - there is the lead time no question. I bought my New York over a year ago and I recall the start price was $305. It took 4 weeks to get to me.

I am just a bit leary with those "hole punched sweats" being sold at the Hatco outlet store - are they seconds with a manufacturing flaw?

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
The funny thing is, I don't recall seeing any holes in sweats at the Hatco outlet. There's a strong possibility this guy is selling seconds, but I'm alright with it

I feel the same way.

Someone earlier indicated they were display models from some hat or fashion show. I'll have to double check my Racine, but pretty sure all hats I've gotten at the outlet have hole punches.

I think there are a combination of seconds and returned overstocks.

Sent directly from my mind to yours

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran