Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Crown Stetsons: A Call (Plea) to Retailers!!

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Boy I hate I didn't see the Open Crown Open Road deal , ... the Strat has a 2 1/2" brim , OR has a 2 3/4" brim . The factory creased Open Roads are too low for my noggin , I have to at the very least add cutter creases to the side dents , but the center crease is really too tight and low , too . I'm going to blow out the crown of mine and see what it measures , I can't believe the factory creased are 6" when Open Crowned (Nope 5"). The Campdrafts are like 5 1/2" crown , I think , and 2 3/4-2 7/8" brim , 73 cm ? I can't remember .The Brushman has a 3 1/4" brim , the crown isn't 6" , it's 5 1/2" or so , I think . I tried several creases . I like a center crease , but I needed a touch more height to get it right . I may call DelMonico's and see what the deal was , I would have loved to get my hands on a 6" open crown OR ! Drats ... . I keep looking at the Borsalino Alessandria , DelMonico has 2 3/4" brims , and Bencraft 2 1/2" ... or I may see what a custom can do , I really want beaver , but Stetson OR (the one I have xxxxxx) has pretty nice felt , but Borsalino ... Butter ... . Like the Lee Van Cleef movie : For a Few Dollars More .

I need to mess with the OR anyway , that 7 3/8 is big for my 58.5 cm noggin , should have gone with 7 1/4 ... , but I didn't know . Not sure if Stetson sizes a little different from Resistol , but the Stetson cart I looked at today said 23" - 7 1/4 , that would be me . Congratulations on catching that deal ! SWEET HAT !

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
While strolling through Sundance Square Plaza, I came across some nice young ladies doing a hat photo shoot.

They are taking photos for an updated Stetson website - the hats they were posing around the Plaza were all Dobbs; straws and caps.

They posed for me too!

2a723cfae8fc93346f385a347972d58d.jpg

rclark

Call Me a Cab
They told me to expect it around the end of April, so one month, more or less.

i also ordered a hemp milan yesterday and he said it should be at my door in under a month

and you really cannot beat the price

Ordered a hemp Shady Oaks this morning. It should be here in 3-4 weeks. I should have had one of you guys buy it on my behalf so I could have avoided state sales tax! Haha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran