Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Open Crown Stetsons: A Call (Plea) to Retailers!!

carldelo

One Too Many
There are colors such as Taupe( in Italian Monlov) that are difficult to photograph. They also come in different every time. We can get two or three deliveries a year from Borsalino and each group will look different.

I have a friend who teaches studio painting. Apparently, his most difficult assignment is when he brings in a half-dozen taupe and silver belly hats (several are Borsalino) and sets up a still life of hats. The students really have to work to get the shades right and differentiate one hat from another.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
There are colors such as Taupe( in Italian Monlov) that are difficult to photograph. They also come in different every time. We can get two or three deliveries a year from Borsalino and each group will look different.

"Natural color rendering" is a phenomenon that doesn't make a lot of sense on a standard PC-screen. Domestic monitors are rarely calibrated, so very different color rendering is unavoidable. You may be lucky that your image looks correct on three out of a hundred monitors - and you may not [huh]

hatband

One of the Regulars
For Loungers that preordered the new Stetsons from Delmonico Hatters.
Just wondering when the new Stratoliners and Stetsonians will arrive ? By my calculations it should be in about 7 -10 days.

carldelo

One Too Many
I received a call yesterday from my local hat shop that mine has arrived. I'll pick it up and post some photos.

Which hat shop is this? I'd like to ask someone selling these new hats if they've heard anything about the Scholar.

Besdor, do you know anything about the long-hair Scholar? Jeff at Delmonico's?

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Which hat shop is this? I'd like to ask someone selling these new hats if they've heard anything about the Scholar.

Besdor, do you know anything about the long-hair Scholar? Jeff at Delmonico's?

No new info, but Matt posted a new pic yesterday:
tumblr_mw47gnhIZE1r91qw7o1_500.jpg

And what's that on the desk behind him? An open crown Open Road in silverbelly perhaps?

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I spoke today to the Hatco sales manager. These hats technically aren't for sale yet as they are in the fall 2014 line. But , you can special order them if you know someone at the factory. Even the salesman that takes care of us didn't see them yet!!
Im getting some samples of them to my store next week and will post pics.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Hmmm... I seem to be getting left out of the picture !!!!!

I may have to call Gary Rosenthal about this !

CPT/VSG

Familiar Face
My "Premiere Stratoliner" arrived at Hat & Sole as a special order Thursday and I picked it up today. First, pictures:

General impressions: The overall quality seems better than my modern Strat. I have no experience with vintage Strats other than to admire the collection the members of the Lounge have, but, the sweat seems of a higher quality leather and the stitching is covered properly by the ribbon (not the case with my modern one). The crown is 5 and 1/2" by my measure. The color--oddly named "cornhill" --is not exactly reproduced in these photos but is pretty close but darker. It's a coppery brown, very pleasing to my eye, a sort of a pecan. Now to create some steam to crease (not bash) the crown.

art_deco_fan

Familiar Face
Holy smokes! that lids looks amazing. a few questions if I may. how is the felt?, ie, velvety soft, or rough, and I am interested in the temper of the felt, is it pliable or a bit on the stiff side? photos tell only so much and I am sure we are all anxious to get impressions before we pull the trigger!

CPT/VSG

Familiar Face
I've never creased a hat before but this was pretty easy with some steam. I'd say the felt is a bit thicker/stiffer than my modern Strat but not hard to shape. The color is way off in this indoor photo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails