Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OPEN ROAD COLORS ????

Justdog

Practically Family
Dove Grey

LightGreyDoveOR.jpg

Justdog

Practically Family
Open crown

That was a while ago! I love that open crown. I still wear mine just like above , pushed in at the sides. Get 100 percent feedback on that hat. Those days I would not dream of getting a drop on it. Now I wear it all the time. Best fitting hat I own and the oval is perfect as well as the flange. I turn down the brim once in a while.
Dont ya just want to wear it a little bit Tango?:eusa_clap

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
I have three Stetson Open Roadies at this point. One is a tan color verging on a camel color. Two are silverbelly. But one of them (the 4X Beaver) I just sent to Optimo to get rid of the thin ribbon, have it cleaned reblocked and have a 1-1/2 inch black ribbon added. I had a fourth, a Pilgrim hat maker's Open Road style but I sold it on ebay last week.

I am thinking of getting another silverbelly Open Road so I can take it to Optimo to have the ribbon changed to a nice brown one at 1-1/2 inch and add a brown brim binding.

I have decided that I don't like the thin ribbon a whole lot. But I have the two that I am going to leave that way. So, I'll have a nice 25 in silverbelly with the thin ribbon (and this hat is soft as butter, too) and the tan one that I'll leave with the thin ribbon. Other than the above thing I'm going to do, I don't think I'll be getting any more thin ribbon fedoras.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
I would be interested to see what that might look like. I never thought of changing the ribbon of an OR.

I have already taken a photo of the silverbelley as it came in (with a long, cattleman's crease -- which I am not a fan of). Then I gave it an initial reshaping and took a photo of it that way, too (I gave it a front pinch, "C" bash). And after it gets back from Optimo I'll take a photo of it then (re-blocked "C" bash and black ribbon). Once I have all three stages done I'll post the progression photos on the site. (Optimo says it will be done on the 30th).

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
This has been a GREAT thread....

... growing up with a father and other men around me who wore this hat I recall only seeing two colors, Black and Silverbelly. It's amazing to see all the OTHER colors that were available :)

Chinaski

One Too Many
Yeah, but I need to lose quite a bit of weight that's been gained since I bought it--I'm wearing a 7 3/8 these days! :eusa_doh:

Best wishes on that, Tango, but if it doesn't work out I've got your 7 1/4 noggin right here! Did you get dessert tonight? I could send chocolate cake and ice cream...

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Best wishes on that, Tango, but if it doesn't work out I've got your 7 1/4 noggin right here! Did you get dessert tonight? I could send chocolate cake and ice cream...

lol I didn't catch this when you posted it, Chinaski! But it wasn't the desserts so much as the eating out for lunch every day that's been getting me lately. (Hey, when you can expense your lunch there's little incentive to bring it.) Thanksgiving (before the feast!) I weighed myself and saw, for the first time, a weight that began with a 3! :eeek: Started bringing my lunch and exercising almost every morning, slowly reversing that trend. I hope to be under 290 by Christmas. Maybe by next Christmas I'll be wearing those 7 1/4 hats again. (Of course, I've said this before, sooo... it'll be results that count, not words!)

Rusty, that green OR is gorgeous!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Cheers,
Tom

Chinaski

One Too Many
lol I didn't catch this when you posted it, Chinaski! But it wasn't the desserts so much as the eating out for lunch every day that's been getting me lately. (Hey, when you can expense your lunch there's little incentive to bring it.) Thanksgiving (before the feast!) I weighed myself and saw, for the first time, a weight that began with a 3! :eeek: Started bringing my lunch and exercising almost every morning, slowly reversing that trend. I hope to be under 290 by Christmas. Maybe by next Christmas I'll be wearing those 7 1/4 hats again. (Of course, I've said this before, sooo... it'll be results that count, not words!)

Rusty, that green OR is gorgeous!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Cheers,
Tom

Tom, good for you for taking some action. Keep it up!

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I recall an OR posted by Deputy Swoopy. It was black with a stand-out red ribbon. I've only seen it once, but it was striking enough to warrant remembering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy