Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ordered an ELC B-3

M

member 16283

Screw Aero. ELC FTW! I also ordered some airborne tan repro gloves from Epic Militaria. I love those guys.

M

member 16283

Just wondering: did you have a bad experience with Aero?

Zero reply to an email sent over a month ago. Similar with ELC but couldn't wait any longer and ordered. Got the reply from ELC later today after ordering in the morning hahaha.

M

member 16283

What kind of lead time did they quote you at ELC? Which version did you order?

They don't have 48s in stock. He said February delivery to me in Canada. For my bday heheh I guess.

Zero reply to an email sent over a month ago. Similar with ELC but couldn't wait any longer and ordered. Got the reply from ELC later today after ordering in the morning hahaha.

Odd. Every email I've sent has been replied to within one day. Are you sure it's not in junk?
Seems odd from my limited experience and wha I've read here.

Philalethes

A-List Customer
Odd. Every email I've sent has been replied to within one day. Are you sure it's not in junk?
Seems odd from my limited experience and wha I've read here.

I am thinking the same thing: I have had replies from both Aero and Eastman within a day (although I could add that I found Eastman much more personable).

Anyway, Sean, enjoy your purchase!

Last edited:
M

member 16283

Must be something went wrong during the snow storm and then Xmas hit. Whatever.

M

member 16283

Oh, seal on seal, regular non warhorse or whatever one.

Radz108

One of the Regulars
Hi Sean,
I'm in the market of purchasing a B3 jacket as well. I live in Calgary. Did you order directly from Eastman's UK website or from the History Preservation website? Also you mind telling me about how much Canadian you paid for it and if there were any custom/duty/brokerage fees as well? I am currently planning to get an Aero Redskin B3 and I contacted Mark Moye (Aero leather USA affiliate) and he told me there is a 3 month (8 to12 week - if I ordered now, I would receive the jacket sometime in April) waiting period for the jacket. If Eastman can deliver the jacket in a month that might be worth the extra $ 200-250 for the ELC compared to Aero. Is the shearling in the Eastman thick as well? Mark from Aero stated their B3 shearling has 1inch fur. Sorry for the questions. My wife OKed me to get this jacket and I want to order it before she changes her mind:)

Radz108

One of the Regulars
Are ELC true to size? I usually wear a 42S sport/suit. I have a 42 chest, wear a 36 pants( i'm a little rotund :) ) and 5'6.5" tall. Should I go for a 42 or 44 in the ELC B3. Some members on this forum say that ELC tends to fit snuggly. I would like to have the option to wear a medium thick wool sweater with the jacket at times (Calgary winters can get brutal - right now its -30 with windchill.)

M

member 16283

Hi Sean,
I'm in the market of purchasing a B3 jacket as well. I live in Calgary. Did you order directly from Eastman's UK website or from the History Preservation website? Also you mind telling me about how much Canadian you paid for it and if there were any custom/duty/brokerage fees as well? I am currently planning to get an Aero Redskin B3 and I contacted Mark Moye (Aero leather USA affiliate) and he told me there is a 3 month (8 to12 week - if I ordered now, I would receive the jacket sometime in April) waiting period for the jacket. If Eastman can deliver the jacket in a month that might be worth the extra $ 200-250 for the ELC compared to Aero. Is the shearling in the Eastman thick as well? Mark from Aero stated their B3 shearling has 1inch fur. Sorry for the questions. My wife OKed me to get this jacket and I want to order it before she changes her mind:)

I personally don't think there is much of a price difference at all. It's about just under 900 CAD from ELC + duty. So about 1k. And the wool looks woolier and thicker where the AERO pictures I've seen look kind of longish and whispy, it's weird. LOL I find it funny that the wife needs to OK things as I am single ;p. April means it's useless for this whole year, unless I'm wrong about Calgary weather :p. Even for me, getting it in February means I have about a month just barely to use it in Ontario.

Thick and dense looking wool of ELC in my size too!:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?50528-New-Eastman-B3!

vs

scragglly raggity wool

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/8049974
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/listing/user/aeroleatherusa

I suspect the AERO wool fluff is just not cut as short though, so might be warmer? But it just looks wilder. Personal call I would say.

M

member 16283

Are ELC true to size? I usually wear a 42S sport/suit. I have a 42 chest, wear a 36 pants( i'm a little rotund :) ) and 5'6.5" tall. Should I go for a 42 or 44 in the ELC B3. Some members on this forum say that ELC tends to fit snuggly. I would like to have the option to wear a medium thick wool sweater with the jacket at times (Calgary winters can get brutal - right now its -30 with windchill.)

HAH! I wish it got that cold here. It would be more challenging. Still I'm wearing my A2 now and it's awesome how many girls STARE drop-jawed.

From the 48 ELC link above, it's the same measurements as this puffy down Adidas parka I have. Measurements for my A2 and down jacket:

Measurements for flightjacket.com 48R A2
pit to pit: 26.5"
shoulder to shoulder across back 21"
sleeve top 25" (not including wool cuff)
sleeve bottom 17" (not including wool cuff)
sleeve cuff 3"
bottom of collar to bottom of jacket: 25" ( not including wool trim)
buttom cuff 3"

Adidas coat
pit to pit: 26.5"
shoulder to shoulder across back 22"
sleeve top 26"
sleeve bottom 21"
bottom of collar to bottom of jacket: 32.5"

This coat is long, made for snowboarding or something. Covers my butt and crotch and the sleeeves come down the knuckle when standing. The B-3 will have similar everything except the bottom hem will end 4-6" higher or so.

M

member 16283

But you know, I have to say that the most fun I will have is bringing my B-3 to the office. People are starting to show up with their silly Canada Goose douche trend parkas now. I flat out told one guy, when my jacket comes it's going to blow all of y'all out of the f'ing water ;p.

But you know, I have to say that the most fun I will have is bringing my B-3 to the office. People are starting to show up with their silly Canada Goose douche trend parkas now. I flat out told one guy, when my jacket comes it's going to blow all of y'all out of the f'ing water ;p.

Almost spit my coffee on that one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot