Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Original 1930's JC Penny Railroad Coat

Iron Horse

Vendor
Regarding reproing this one, I wonder if Whitefeather Mfg. Co. would be interested. It's certainly up their alley.

Thank you very much Iron horse,i was thinking of River Junction,i have 4 of their very well made mackinaws and they are well priced.:)
I'd love to see a write up of them around here. The buffalo plaid mackinaw has been calling to me for a long time.

Xopher

A-List Customer
Update:
I scrounged up an ugly old blue blanket with the same width and density of the Railroad coat material. I'm going to begin the pattern and mock up jacket today. Im aiming on sizing it up to a 42. Lets see what comes of it.

Le voyageur

Banned
Hi Xopher,keep that coat you won't find a better one.Today after a research on ebay,i bought a Real McCoy Double Diamond rail road coat ,the exact reproduction of your coat,brand new in my size,like you i am broke again(-650$) but happy,thank you.

Xopher

A-List Customer
Hi Xopher,keep that coat you won't find a better one.Today after a research on ebay,i bought a Real McCoy Double Diamond rail road coat ,the exact reproduction of your coat,brand new in my size,like you i am broke again(-650$) but happy,thank you.

I was looking at that one but couldn't justify the price considering what I just spent on the original. That's why I'm planning on making a repro. I was also playing around with the idea of a really class dress coat version done in cream wool, brown leather reinforcements and a red silk lining.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24