Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Original AVG Bronco?

majormajor

One Too Many
I would be interested to know why you think it's an Aero.

It's a Cable because it has the elongated box stitching on the epaulets-you can see from the side view where they are attached to the shoulder- nipple snaps (Wartime Aeros only had large ring snaps), rounded pocket bottom edges (most Aeros had almost square pocket bottoms)and angular pocket flaps.

Ah yes. I see what you mean about the epaulets. And as I mentioned, the button snap. With reference to the pockets, I never said I thought it was Aero (it was the OP who said that). I was more interested in your ID of the Cable. Thanks for that. :D

Brettafett

One Too Many
I only noticed the pocket flaps! Just shows you... Never seen an original Cable RC.
I guess I thought that if it was a genuine AVG A-2, it was either an Aero or Werber... certainly not a Werber, so that left Aero; and the pointy pocket flap with slightly rounded pocket corners reminded me of the 3785 more than a 1711... Am learnin'

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's an easy mistake to make. The 1938 and 1940 Aeros had collar stands which this jacket does not have. The 1938 Aero has top stitching above the waistband and at the cuffs, but the 1940 Aero does not. They were usually made from russet horse hide of a similar shade to this Cable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy