Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oxford Bags

I reiterate that i can find no contemporary source which describes the original oxford bags at anything more than 22"-23" circumference at the hems. They existed, no doubt (the pictures exist), but seem to have been the vulgar caricatures of the original bags, made by the people who inevitably take a fad too far.

bk

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Baron Kurtz said:
I reiterate that i can find no contemporary source which describes the original oxford bags at anything more than 22"-23" circumference at the hems. They existed, no doubt (the pictures exist), but seem to have been the vulgar caricatures of the original bags, made by the people who inevitably take a fad too far.

bk

Yup, although it's hard to see, the captions read: "The comfortable functional aspect of the original bags. . . could be lost in grossly over-sized versions as much as 40 inches in diameter."

The Wingnut

One Too Many
rimshot.gif

dakotanorth

Practically Family
Oxford Bags, correct sizing

Based on what I've seen, Oxford Bags weren't meant to touch the ground at all- they really shouldn't have a break either.
If you think about it, this makes sense- when the pants break and drag on the floor, they just look "Too big" but when they hang straight down, it REALLY emphasizes the fullness of the cut.

Jp

Powerhouse

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:
Oxford bags in action:

DSC02976.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Bags in action allright! Good Ol' Arenella...what a guy. :eusa_clap

Those trousers are from Yale Trouser Company or Smokey Joe's...the place I used to get my "Notsford Bags" from. They started to make them in "BAD" fabrics so...I had to stop buying them. They are too baggy and not the right fit in my opinion...they are just BIG pants. Made mostly for Pimp Enthusiasts now. Colors and patterns that are just gastly...and in Polyester too. That company has lost credit with me...not too mention very poor business practice.

What's Michael calling his band now...he changes it so often I can't remember...hahaha...just kidding. What a great...musician. Best band on the east coast...second to the Nighthawks..if ya fancy that stuff.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
I was perusing some old threads, and found these. For those wondering what American collegiate slacks from the 1930's really looked like, check out the fella in The white slacks.
Ball023.jpg

Ball032.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou