Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Painting the past

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
My drawing skills stopped a few years back when I gave up story boarding for a video game company in favor of a carear that would more money... sometimes I wish O kept perfecting my skills (I still can).

I sure we have a few artists on the forum who like to draw the past, show us what you've got.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i paint, but not exactly strictly era-set imagery although it always has period details in it. my stuff is a bit ambiguous and er...erotic... and would probably get deleted if i posted it here. i used to be a storyboard artist too. here's some images from a short comic story i did (unpublished)...

waltandtony.jpg

joeysmaller.jpg

and before you all get started... i KNOW that hats wouldn't have been worn in diners. its just funnier with the hats on.

Feraud

Bartender
Those are neat! The first picture reminds me of Charles Durning from The Sting.
herringbonekid said:
waltandtony.jpg

and before you all get started... i KNOW that hats wouldn't have been worn in diners. its just funnier with the hats on.
Didn't he have his hat on when he was eating at the diner?

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
herringbonekid,

I love your art! You may have painted them for a comic, but they would sell as individual pieces. I guess it would be like telling a story in one panel. I'd buy one! I like the guy with the sandwich - he looks like me when I'm wearing my glasses. :cool2:

Brad

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Love the art, herringbonekid! Looks pretty classy. (And the guy eating a sandwich looks eerily like a friend of mine).

I gotta admit that I too enjoy drawing this or that and rarely do modern subjects. Here's some of my older works:

kitchenT.jpg

TVsmall.jpg

I made these for an art class last year. I've also dabbled in inks and pastel chalk.

Naama

Practically Family
Well, ok, what I draw isn't really all that authentic, and for sure I don't draw realistic in any way, but hey, I give my best. And to quote my art history teacher; "Art doesn't ask for an opinion on beauty!" ;)

00.jpg

(I had problems with scanning this one..........)

0ro13.jpg

011.jpg

Now looking at those, I find they look a little bit as if they where drawn by a kid :rolleyes:
Sorry for the big size!

Naama

Naama

Practically Family
herringbonekid.....

......... I'm quite impressed by your work! Do you have a homepage or something, would really like to see some more, especially from your comics! You know, I'm european, I can handle ambiguous and erotic stuff ;)

Naama

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Matt Deckard said:
My drawing skills stopped a few years back when I gave up story boarding for a video game company in favor of a carear that would more money... sometimes I wish O kept perfecting my skills (I still can).

I sure we have a few artists on the forum who like to draw the past, show us what you've got.

Let's see some of your drawings. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8panelnewsboy