Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Hat Thread

Liddleman

Familiar Face
Thanks, Roger! My plan was to have the brim trimmed down a bit, but now I'm thinking I'll just leave it be for awhile and see how I feel about it down the road.

Here's another shot in a nicer Hawaiian shirt as I got ready to run out and take care of bills, errands, etc, today.

i-FGMvdv4-L.jpg

i-nj6r8Tw-L.jpg
Don't do it !! beautiful lid and really suits you.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Although I love the looks of a great semi-calado straw from Ecuador, I've never had one until now. The great ones I've seen here, owned by @seabass , @DJH , and @mikespens are dream hats for me. Unfortunately, my trip to Ecuador didn't shake any great hats or bodies loose for me to buy.

But I picked up this basic Cuenca model, originally with the idea of just selling it, to bring home. Well, I wore it this afternoon and I'm here to confirm the ventilation on these semi-calados is FAN-freaking-TASTIC! Even in direct sun, you are cooler than with a regular llano or liso or even a brisa weave straw... and when a little breeze picks up? Well, it's like you've got A.C. going on over your scalp! I LOVE these semi-calados!

i-FBMbPs9-M.jpg
i-6GXNXqK-M.jpg

i-vTLQLHx-M.jpg

This is another style that should even give better air flow. I picked up 2 of these, just because:
i-VpRQPKd-M.jpg
i-7W9Mx9V-M.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Although I love the looks of a great semi-calado straw from Ecuador, I've never had one until now. The great ones I've seen here, owned by @seabass , @DJH , and @mikespens are dream hats for me. Unfortunately, my trip to Ecuador didn't shake any great hats or bodies loose for me to buy.

But I picked up this basic Cuenca model, originally with the idea of just selling it, to bring home. Well, I wore it this afternoon and I'm here to confirm the ventilation on these semi-calados is FAN-freaking-TASTIC! Even in direct sun, you are cooler than with a regular llano or liso or even a brisa weave straw... and when a little breeze picks up? Well, it's like you've got A.C. going on over your scalp! I LOVE these semi-calados!

i-FBMbPs9-M.jpg
i-6GXNXqK-M.jpg

i-vTLQLHx-M.jpg

This is another style that should even give better air flow. I picked up 2 of these, just because:
i-VpRQPKd-M.jpg
i-7W9Mx9V-M.jpg

Yes, those semi-calado bodies are hard to come by. I’m sure I drove Art crazy over a period of two or three years when I kept asking him if he had one and could make me a hat.

It was worth the wait and the semi-calado is such a great hat for people in a warm climate, I’m surprised more people don’t produce them.

I think John Penman might have some, but his pricing is really high - way more than I would pay.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Can't remember if I posted Lil' Fed's birthday hat we picked up in Cuenca. They call it a double twisted weave and it's two-tone straw with brown and beige straw. Very hip for the modern day kiddos from what the shop sales lady told us. This is a MrsFed selection as I was totally geared toward the more classicly styled hats. I think she picked well. I like it the more I look at it.

i-d2SBkdB-M.jpg
i-R8srCNr-M.jpg
i-vmhPPLG-M.jpg
i-mRbP64B-M.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy