Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paper Tag Stitched in G-1 Jacket

AviatorBRZ

Familiar Face
Hi gents,

I've recently bought another original G-1, it's a 7823E(AS) from 1975 by STAR SPORTSWEAR MFG. CORP.
This jacket appears to be NOS or never worn.

I have 8 G-1s so far:
AN-6552 by H.&L. Block
7823(AER) by J.A. Dubow Sporting Goods Corp
7823C(WEP) by Star Sportswear MFG. CO.
7823C(WEP) W/E by Star Sportswear MFG. CO.
7823D(WP) by The Martin Lane CO., INC.

7823E(AS) by Brill Bros., INC. (1975)
7823E(AS) by Ralph Edwards Sportswear, INC. (1977)
7823E(AS) by Star Sportswear MFG. CO. (1975)

*Photo from ebay's auction
e1.jpg

Two of them are also E(AS), but different from them this STAR SPORTSWEAR have an much darker brown color, almost seal brown. Buttons are dark brown, same color used on seal brown jackets.
The leather is soft as an sweatshirt and have a nice grain. I always thought that all E(AS) were made of cowhide... but this one really looks like it is goatskin.

Well, the real reason I've started this thread is to see if someone with more knowledge could help me to figure out some info about a couple paper tags who came with it.

Inside one of the front pockets there's a paper tag beneath the original stitches in the internal part of the pocket.
So... it was placed there during the jacket's manufacture.
Inside the opposite pocket there was another paper tag (Not stitched this one)

Unfortunately I only have a GOPRO camera around here, so the close-up photos are horrible, but it serve to see the tags.
I've created a replica so you can see what info is on the paper tag.

e2.jpg

Those are obviously just paper tags from the manufacture and inspection, but my question is if this tags could represent something...
Like if it was never issued to anyone or something like that.
I've never seen this kind of tags in "never worn" G-1s.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy