Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pendletons?

Highlander

A-List Customer
I have three pendletons that I bought in High School, (about $17 each). I have always had them dry cleaned, and usually military creases pressed in them.
McGregor12106Office-vi.jpg

Vanessa

One Too Many
A little :eek:fftopic:, but not too bad. Just picked this up yesterday for a friend who loves his Pendletons:

c642_1.JPG

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
As long as we're off topic.....

Sadly, the Pendleton store located at Chicago's Palmer House Hotel will not be reopening after the renovations to the hotel's retail arcade are completed.

They had been in that location for 80 years.

OldSoul

Familiar Face
Does anyone know of any Pendleton-like shirts? I love the 'board style' (square cut bottoms) styles, but they are hard to come by here (as well as expensive)

Any ideas?

Justdog

Practically Family
Hard to come by

The auction sites and the thrift stores. Post a want in the classified sec. Although you may find new ones expensive they are 100 percent virgin wool of 100 percent USA wool. Only the assembly is in Mexico. I recently purchased a Gabardine model from the store in Seattle. The product is superb and will last a lifetime. Well worth the value for dollar. Below is a vintage ranch jacket, 100% VW
Pendleton.jpg

Randy

Familiar Face
I have two Pendleton shirts of unknown vintage that inherited from my grandfather who passed about 20 years ago now. I'd love to know when they were made, but I'm certain that they are no less that 35 years old, and may be a bit older than that. I also have a couple of my own that I bought in the mid 1980's, as well as a nice scarf, also from the mid-80's. They seem to last forever - the shirts that I got from my grandfather still look like new and he used to wear them regularly, as do I when it's cool enough for them.

Honestly, you just can't get quality like this many places these days. These shirts fit well, wear well, look great, and feel wonderful. They just get more and more comfortable with age too...

- Randy

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I like the collars on the vintage (40's-60's) shirts much more than the modern ones. They're more substantial (higher stand, longer leaf) and better made.

jeep44

One of the Regulars
Well, I've got more than a few vintage Pendletons. I'm a sucker for the "Authentic Tartan" labelled ones. I've got a few more coming from eBay.
pendle.jpg

Randy

Familiar Face
One of mine is that green and black pattern towards the center of your collection. It's a favorite of mine and it gets worn whenever I can do so without sweating to death...

- Randy

jeep44

One of the Regulars
That's the "Black Watch" tartan. I normally have most of these shirts in a big storage tub, with moth balls, but I decided to wear them more often this year, and dragged them all out, so they could air out a bit.

Greenspan's

New in Town
spring2010goldbluebambooprkpiemilan.jpg

Spring2010rustcreampinchfrontmilano.jpg

Blkgrayburg2010graymilanoporkpiehat.jpg

AFbluegraywhitegrayDMC_MG_5727.jpg

charbluepurpleoxforndpinchfrontmila.jpg

pumpkin2010brwonDMC_MG_5806-.jpg

bluecreamgold_MG_4667copy.jpg

BlueBrayGray2010A.jpg

And lots more on the Greenspan's website http://www.greenspans.com
and Myspace http://www.myspace.com/greenspans

And where is Greenspan's?
Greenspan's is at 3405 Tweedy Blvd., in South Gate, California.

Greenspan's will also be vending at the Mooneyes Summer Show, July 18, 2010. There will be lots of 2010 Pendleton wool flannels shirts on hand there.

"Greenspan's has the world's best selection of Pendleton Board Shirts", Streetow Magazine, Oct. 2009.

Greenspan's

New in Town
Letting Fedora Lounge know that Greenspan's is having an online sale on a few patterns of Wool Flannel Spring Pendleton Board Shirts These patterns are on sale for 50.00, from October 31, 2010 until November 13, 2010. This sale is in recognition of the 70th Anniversary of the present location's expansion. Here is the link to the sale:
http://greenspansstore.com/category...8D3E356875CCB96603.qscstrfrnt04?categoryId=68.
The "world's best Pendleton board shirt selection" can be seen at www.greenspans.com including many discontinued patterns.
Here is a link that gives some flavor to Pendleton's history in California:
http://www.charlesphoenix.com/2006/05/pendleton-plaids/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot