Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Personal Heat

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
Andykev: no worries at all! I am just glad that I now live way out in the sticks where there just isn't much crime, there's no jungle, and, right now, we have the back door wide open and not even one guard dog barking (ok, well, now we have one barking...). My fault, sir, completely. Especially since I am right now on a laptop that my wife bought on Friday. I can't believe how hard it is to type and not hit the caps lock!
I promise to talk about beautiful nickel-plated firearms that my lovely bride won't let me buy.... and I'll tell God every evening how lucky I am to no longer be in a situation where I need to use them.
Friends I hope? Let's argue in the future about Panama hats or something. (and I've now typed and clicked on everything I see to get a smiley face in here... just hand me one of these new computers and I am completely disarmed.... Grrrrrrr... this thing cost me HOW MUCH???)
Dave

Michaelson

One Too Many
Andykev said:
I have seen murder, suicide, assault, and you name it. It is not an easy thing to take a life.

Andy, I understand where you're coming from, but you must also understand that most of us have been there too, and have seen and experienced our share of death, dying, and blood, me included, and totally understand the gravity of carrying a weapon. Those who legally carry are adults, and know the score, or at least the one's I've read here. Thanks! Regards. Michaelson

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Well... we cant UN-invent the firearm can we(?)

I love guns too, I also have an historical interest. I used to have a good few guns when I was living in NZ, before the Govt. clamped down on semi-autos.
But, living in Europe, things are a little different- regulated, strict- but then, I don't NEED a gun and that's what qualifies the law here- don't need it.
But I love 'em- guns can be a lot of fun.

BT.

Canadave

One Too Many

Same here in Canada. VERY, VERY few people are licensed to carry. Only under VERY strict and certain circumstances. It sounds very weird hearing about you guys carrying guns...only the bad guys do up here! ;)

David

colorblind

New in Town
Laziness

I can carry a gun in any state in the union when off duty only in some government buildings and instalations do I have to check it. I am issued a Beretta 96D which is what I teach, and an HK in 40 as well as several 1911s that belong Uncle Sam. I personally own two Commanders(the aluminum frame is my favourits pistol). I am far too lazy to carry one one a day to day basis. I guess that when you carry one a lot you lose interest or I am just lazy.

I have seen some gunshot victims although non were caused by me but I cannot say that it bothered me a lot. I had a friend die in a vehicle accident I was among the first on the scene and covered him with the fabric from the trunk of my car. I still think about that incident, it bothered me a lot more.

I am waiting with baited breath for the delivery of a bespoke 12 guage side by side from Arrieta in Spain I already have a leather hardcase for it with all of the accutrements that a Victorian gentlemen would have had.

If I were to win the lottery I would travel to London and stop at Purdeys to be fitted for a pair of thier guns and then it would be off to Cordings for a set of shooting duds complete with plus twos.

Retro Grouch

One of the Regulars
Mycroft said:
Me, personally, I have a 1917 British Lee-Enfield No. 1 Mark III, in working condition.

Wish List
WWII M1 Garand

I have a P17 parade special (cross drilled barrel). Looking to do a build up, some day.

CMP has a good deal on rack grade Garrands.

Tom

Retro Grouch

One of the Regulars
Michaelson said:
A snub nose Taurus model 605 .357. For a BIG job, a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 mag....one never knows when they may stumble across a bear or moose or something in a back alley. [huh] ;) Regards. Michaelson

I have elk and bear tracks in my back yard. :eek: No moose, yet. I'm more inclined to a .45-70. :D

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner