Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peters Brothers

They called me back this afternoon, unfortunately no more FL pricing. Regardless I went and put my order in for a modified "Tankersley" with a slightly lower crown, slight rake in natural. Ribbon treatment (matching brim edging) TBD.

I have read some people having issues with sizing being too tight? I ordered a 23" (which I was told the blocks they use for 7 1/4); I figured that would be a 7 3/8 (almost a size up), am I wrong?

Woohoo! Another namesake hat sold, LOL.

Blocks used to make hats are one size bigger. After the sweatband is sewn in, the hat is the correct size.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
They called me back this afternoon, unfortunately no more FL pricing. Regardless I went and put my order in for a modified "Tankersley" with a slightly lower crown, slight rake in natural. Ribbon treatment (matching brim edging) TBD.

I have read some people having issues with sizing being too tight? I ordered a 23" (which I was told the blocks they use for 7 1/4); I figured that would be a 7 3/8 (almost a size up), am I wrong?
What are they charging for their hemps now with brim binding?

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Thanks everyone. Sounds like I need to give them a call. I better first re-read this thread and have a better idea on specs before hand, just in case.....
Ken , don't do it, call me I am running a group called Hat Adicta Anonimous, heck we may get a conference call and I can get a fifth !!!!

Great hats, made by real nice people !!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up

Their hats fit perfect, 100 % according to size

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab

Hat Size Chart.jpg

Thats what this Chart says . But I thought 7 3/8 was like 23 1/8-1/4" , there's a variance . I thought 7 1/4 was 22 3/4" , its about right on that . Better a bit larger than too small .

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I just received (07/28) A custom hemp Milan from Peter Bros. Ordered on July 1, I think. It is a natural with a 5" center dent crease, a 2 7/8" brim with a 1" black ribbon. It turned out very well for a first custom hat.

A few comments though. I ordered a size 61 which is my regular size but it seemed quite large. A few dollar bills rolled up behind the sweat has taken care of that nicely. I prefer my hats roomy and would always prefer large to small. The crown is great, tall and straight no taper at all, just as I like it. It seems a little taller than 5" but I am not complaining.

My regular felt is a Camp Draft. While I love the Camp Drafts, this hat makes me want to order a Custom Felt from Peter Bros. to get exactly what I want.
Sounds like you know what direction to "head" on it..pun intended...please post up pictures when you can..

Ken David

One of the Regulars
What are they charging for their hemps now with brim binding?
From their website $150+$20=$170 (I did not see any mention of extra for brim binding)
Ken , don't do it, call me I am running a group called Hat Adicta Anonimous, heck we may get a conference call and I can get a fifth !!!!

Great hats, made by real nice people !!

Too late! Order already in!
Their hats fit perfect, 100 % according to size

Good to know....looks like as long as you provide them proper dimensions (circumference in inches or cm they guarantee fit) From their website:
"To insure a good fit we need your Size in Inches or
Centimeters. If you give us a size measurement like
7, 71/8, 71/4, 73/8 or 71/2 we can not guarantee a
fit and there is a $20.00 Reshipping Charge on Ready
Made Hats, $50.00 for Remaking a Custom Made Hat.
Please Measure Your Head !!!!!!!!!!!!
We measure all hats before they are sent out and adjust
them with in an 1/8 of a inch or 1/2 of a centimeter
To give a more exact fit."

Ken David

One of the Regulars
View attachment 70978

Thats what this Chart says . But I thought 7 3/8 was like 23 1/8-1/4" , there's a variance . I thought 7 1/4 was 22 3/4" , its about right on that . Better a bit larger than too small .

Yesterday I was wondering the same exact thing! Looking at most other charts 7 1/4 is 22 3/4" and 7 3/8" is 23 1/8" which to me appears correct. If you do the math C=pi*D using 7 1/4" and 7 3/8" as the diameter you get circumference of 22 3/4" and 23 1/8" to the closest 1/8". I can't figure out where 23 and 22 5/8 come from doing the math. Maybe somebody can provide some insight?

Regardless If I order a 23" I should get a 23" that is what matters.....should be a loose 7 1/4" or tight 7 3/8" from my very limited experience? Which seems to be the best fit for me. Then again I am still new at this!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Yesterday I was wondering the same exact thing! Looking at most other charts 7 1/4 is 22 3/4" and 7 3/8" is 23 1/8" which to me appears correct. If you do the math C=pi*D using 7 1/4" and 7 3/8" as the diameter you get circumference of 22 3/4" and 23 1/8" to the closest 1/8". I can't figure out where 23 and 22 5/8 come from doing the math. Maybe somebody can provide some insight?

Regardless If I order a 23" I should get a 23" that is what matters.....should be a loose 7 1/4" or tight 7 3/8" from my very limited experience? Which seems to be the best fit for me. Then again I am still new at this!

You should be O.K. If you call and speak to who ever took your order, tell them your concerns, they are the experts and they will make sure you are a happy camper. Exact measurements are always better than a "hat size" as one hat can be labeled a size that is no where near another hat with the same size label on it.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
From their website $150+$20=$170 (I did not see any mention of extra for brim binding)

Too late! Order already in!

Good to know....looks like as long as you provide them proper dimensions (circumference in inches or cm they guarantee fit) From their website:
"To insure a good fit we need your Size in Inches or
Centimeters. If you give us a size measurement like
7, 71/8, 71/4, 73/8 or 71/2 we can not guarantee a
fit and there is a $20.00 Reshipping Charge on Ready
Made Hats, $50.00 for Remaking a Custom Made Hat.
Please Measure Your Head !!!!!!!!!!!!
We measure all hats before they are sent out and adjust
them with in an 1/8 of a inch or 1/2 of a centimeter
To give a more exact fit."

my hat showed up small

I gave them my measurements 22 3/4 in LO and the hat showed up less

it is tight and just getting tighter

I have to keep it on a band block or it is unwearable

I gave it a nudge with the stretcher as they suggested and the straw on the brim began to separate so I stopped

it's a nice hat ... hard as a rock .. but nice

I don't think I would get another

but the guys are super nice

Last edited:

Ken David

One of the Regulars
I wont. I've been spoiled at their sale price of $100. I have a feeling they'll go on sale again in July...
It is a possibility but they explicitly told me that Brad stated there would be no discounts this year, that they have no problem moving these hats
my hat showed up small

I gave them my measurements 22 3/4 in LO and the hat showed up less

it is tight and just getting tighter

I have to keep it on a band block or it is unwearable

I gave it a nudge with the stretcher as they suggested and the straw on the brim began to separate so I stopped

it's a nice hat ... hard as a rock .. but nice

I don't think I would get another

but the guys are super nice

Good info. You think it could be anything to do with it being a LO. Found this on their website with a picture of a hatjack:

"If you are a long oval ( head shape is longer than most )
we highly recommend this tool to keep a good fitting hat."

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Good info. You think it could be anything to do with it being a LO. Found this on their website with a picture of a hatjack:

"If you are a long oval ( head shape is longer than most )
we highly recommend this tool to keep a good fitting hat."

when I mentioned LO on the phone he didn't say anything about it being a problem

I think there were a couple other guys who got their hats around the same time who has similar problems

I'm sure it's documented in this thread

and as I mentioned ... I have a band block that is the exact shape of my head ... it's the only way to keep the hat even somewhat wearable

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy