Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photographs Of Hats Fresh From Surviving The Elements

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
These guys are out in the weather all the time. They can spend endless amounts of time in the rain and snow. In these circumstances, even the stiffest hats can begin to look like crap after a while. I'm not a fan of plastic either, but I can see why guys who have as part of their day-to-day to look super-crisp would use the plastic when necessary.

These guys are out in the weather all the time. They can spend endless amounts of time in the rain and snow. In these circumstances, even the stiffest hats can begin to look like crap after a while. I'm not a fan of plastic either, but I can see why guys who have as part of their day-to-day to look super-crisp would use the plastic when necessary.

Time for a clean and reblock by then. :p

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Dog walk to Safeway for the morning paper:

4684f491c5edd8341330191454.jpeg
great shot! what's the hat?

DNO

One Too Many
Snapped these at the end of an evening walk on one of the few days we actually got snow this winter. My Biltmore Wilderness seemed to enjoy it.

snow1.png

snow2.png

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, LMH2. It was made by Charles the Ebay "vintage handmade hats" guy, but since a few days ago I haven't seen any listings from him. This one has undergone several conversions. It began as a huge and wide mesa pinch western that hatophile affectionately dubbed "The Megahat." ;)

Randall-- that's a smart looking lid too! Are your upper west thunderstorms as wonderful as our midwest ones?

tealseal

A-List Customer
30 seconds max in an Arizona monsoon storm tonight. Modern Stetson Open Road. Its first time out in anything other than beating sun. Good thing, too, since I needed to do some work on the brim! Nothing like the smell of a fresh rain and a wet felt. :)
img3015p.jpg

img3016ge.jpg

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
Old Stetson Ranchers never die, the just keep ridin'.

Spent the day pressure washing the house, out in the rain. This 60's Stetson was given to me by a lady at Church. It was her late husbands. It was best up pretty bad and the sweat was cracked in several places. I naphtha bathed it, blocked it on my vintage block, sewed in a new sweat, hand bashed it, and put the ole boy to work. That old tight felt and stiff brim sheds water like a duck, or a beaver. Ain't no better way to honor an old cowboy than wearing his old hat to work.

9c5e50d9eb31a364bae079d42669b5b6.jpg

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
Old Stetson Ranchers never die, the just keep ridin'.

Spent the day pressure washing the house, out in the rain. This 60's Stetson was given to me by a lady at Church. It was her late husbands. It was best up pretty bad and the sweat was cracked in several places. I naphtha bathed it, blocked it on my vintage block, sewed in a new sweat, hand bashed it, and put the ole boy to work. That old tight felt and stiff brim sheds water like a duck, or a beaver. Ain't no better way to honor an old cowboy than wearing his old hat to work.

9c5e50d9eb31a364bae079d42669b5b6.jpg

Day two of the powerwashing. The old rancher gets drenched again. Can't beat an old fur felt.

71dc729e62c5430f8a740e465bf7b139.jpg

36eed3abbcac0736ed28fda267e9174a.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR