Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

Edward

Bartender
IMG_6512-2.jpg

IMG_6550.jpg

IMG_4039.jpg

That one could be really nice if it were four or five inches shorter.... Just too long for my tastes, which throws the design off a bit. Of course, there are loads of Perfecto styles being made now with that longer length, especiaolly for guys who want to wear them on a bike with a racing stance, and lower waisted jeans...

Furrowson

One of the Regulars
That one could be really nice if it were four or five inches shorter.... Just too long for my tastes, which throws the design off a bit. Of course, there are loads of Perfecto styles being made now with that longer length, especiaolly for guys who want to wear them on a bike with a racing stance, and lower waisted jeans...

You're right about the length actually, but the hide is killer.

Edward

Bartender
You're right about the length actually, but the hide is killer.

Isn't it just! There was a time I swore I'd never want a brown bike jacket, but nowadays I'd go mad for something like a nice D pocket in that sort of hide!

Interesting front belt on this one, with no prongs.... puts me in mind of the Aviakit / Lewis Bronx, which was designed that way (and the buckle also covered in leather) to prevent scratching of the tank (the Ton Up Boys especially, but also many other motorcyclists in England tending to crouch over the tank, racing style, rather than sit up and back like on a Harley):

Lewis_Leathers_Bronx_Aviakit_Jacket.jpg

Thereafter, of course, most British jackets, including Most Lewises, opted for side-buckles instead.

Still obsessing over the work of Romulus Von Stezelberger:
Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 8.36.15 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 8.47.06 AM.jpg

...And he has the approval of East/West creator Norman Stubbs to re-create these beauties.
OK, these parrot jackets might not be to everyone's tastes...but the workmanship is amazing:
Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 8.57.14 AM.jpg

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
^ Would never wear it, but I appreciate it. In that same vein (the mirror image of Ton's ribeye jacket):

17818218_656925684510771_1086025250077933568_n.jpg

I get the impression most of the more flamboyant styles like that end up going to Japan, where they're less self-conscious about wearing something that stands out so much. I do remember when I visited Aero in 2014 Murray telling me that they sell a lot of interesting variants to the Japanese - a popular mod at the time for guys out there wa an Aero J106 with zebra or palomino style hair-on hide panels on the front.

This one's made right here in LA by South Paradiso.
I'm going for a visit soon. :)
View attachment 71572

Very East-West. Not my style, but the workmanship looks incredible.

These two look like real beasts. That first one looks like it's paxcking some serious protection for an off. I love the look of the belt on the bottom one. IT looks so solid.

I get the impression most of the more flamboyant styles like that end up going to Japan, where they're less self-conscious about wearing something that stands out so much. I do remember when I visited Aero in 2014 Murray telling me that they sell a lot of interesting variants to the Japanese - a popular mod at the time for guys out there wa an Aero J106 with zebra or palomino style hair-on hide panels on the front.

It's actually very reminiscing of the German 50's - 80's leather jacket style. Many German made MC jackets, be it cross zips or cafe racer styles were made in a combination of black and red leather, like that and they were for the most part beautiful jackets. Actually, not even the wildest stuff the Japanese brands are coming up with today can touch some of those cool 70's German motorcycle jackets. Shame this all is slowly disappearing... I've been meaning to make a small collection of German motorcycle leather jacket classics but it's tough to come by them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo