Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Picnic Ideas & Food

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
I do realise that for those of you in the northern hemisphere the thought of a picnic or even tea on the lawn, may be the last thing on your mind, However you need to be prepared! what ideas have you? for the comming summer (the summer we here in OZ are going through now)

Heres mine

A lovely Pork Pie (cold)

Scotch eggs (cold)

Quiche (cold)

Ribbon Sandwiches (cold)

Champagne (very cold)

rumblefish

One Too Many
BinkieBaumont said:
)

Heres mine

A lovely Pork Pie (cold)

Scotch eggs (cold)

Quiche (cold)

Ribbon Sandwiches (cold)

Champagne (very cold)

Who's making your pork pie? Something I'll try to make someday.

Pimm's and lemonade, two staples for when I'm invited to a picnic.

Subvet642

A-List Customer
BinkieBaumont said:
I do realise that for those of you in the northern hemisphere the thought of a picnic or even tea on the lawn, may be the last thing on your mind, However you need to be prepared! what ideas have you? for the comming summer (the summer we here in OZ are going through now)

Heres mine

A lovely Pork Pie (cold)

Scotch eggs (cold)

Quiche (cold)

Ribbon Sandwiches (cold)

Champagne (very cold)

Sounds nice! But please, what are Scotch eggs and Ribbon Sandwiches? I love eggs (perfect picnic food) and I love sandwiches, and would love to try something new (new to me, at least). Pork pies, quiche and champagne (though I prefer Prosecco), are perfect; but more is better, right?

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
porkpie.jpg

A slice of Pork Pie it is cooked spicey pork wrapped in a savoury pastry with aspic jelly in between.
RecipePhoto-36.jpg

Scotch Eggs hard boiled eggs wrapped in sausage meat, rolled in beaten egg and breadcrumbs, deep fried and served cold, Delish!

IMG_0322.JPG

Ribbon Sandwiches three layers of bead with the crust cut of

TheLimey

Familiar Face
Damn this cold German weather, I really fancy a picknick.

I'd go with:
- Hamm sandwiches, with lots of butter and a little colemans mustard.
- Iced tea
- some cold lamm or duck
- depending on the company: a couple of bottles of good beer or a nice wine.

I've never tried scotch eggs, but I now feel I should give them a try.

Subvet642

A-List Customer
BinkieBaumont said:
porkpie.jpg

A slice of Pork Pie it is cooked spicey pork wrapped in a savoury pastry with aspic jelly in between.
RecipePhoto-36.jpg

Scotch Eggs hard boiled eggs wrapped in sausage meat, rolled in beaten egg and breadcrumbs, deep fried and served cold, Delish!

IMG_0322.JPG

Ribbon Sandwiches three layers of bead with the crust cut of

Oh, that looks good! I'm a pretty fair cook, I'll bet I could master those in time for the nice weather. :essen: It's time to hunt down some recipes.

Brooksie

One Too Many
For a picnic I would have to say some good ol' fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy (as long as it is eaten soon while the gravy is still warm), corn on the cob with lots of butter, biscuits with butter and honey, coleslaw and watermelon. Oh yeah and some chocolate chip cookies and Iced tea or beer.

Brooksie

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Delicious ideas above!

...and if you are in a hurry, what the heck, there is nothing wrong with this! :D
( the wine can be replaced with champagne) ;)

PFO9056.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Rumor has it that she needed to be peeled off of him after every take. She loved older men.[huh]

Doctor Mabuse

New in Town
Just made a batch of Scotch eggs the other night for the missus, and they tasted every bit as good as I'd imagined.
Now it's just a matter of waiting for the New England winter to end...

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"I Can't Believe its not Wedgewood"

"Don't you hate it when you are having a Picnic with Chums, on a lawn sloping down to the Beach, at Heirisson Island, you have spread your best china, two tier silver cake stand, and yummy food on a snowy white linen tablecloth, when one of your pals yells "Kangaroo!!!! Incoming" you all scatter only to see a herd of kangaroos bouncing through, soiling your doilies, squashing sandwiches and wrecking your wedgwood.

kangaroos-on-heirisson-island-500-1204243232.jpg

the alternative is plastic Mugs, but they are too "pedestrian" why not enjoy the best of both worlds with this wonderful melamine dinner ware in a stylish "Wedgewood" type design called "Garden Hill" from this company http://www.jenbarry.com/!catalogue_melamine.htm

3600301018_308b90fe62.jpg

It was a special order from a shop, in the glamorous Claremont retail strip, when i collected it the shop assistant could not get over how much it looks like fine bone china, only the sound when you flick it with your finger nail gives it away

3600314162_0748979147.jpg

3599509815_3b0a0b959c.jpg

3599482825_165c4e6ac3.jpg

The cake stand folds up for easy Transportation

3600307106_7337f21b51.jpg

This dinnerware is also handy for practising ones juggling and to see how long one can balance ones (Tepid) cup of tea on ones head

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner