Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pilgrim's Pride

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Return Of The Pilgrim

Reviving this long-dormant thread to contribute some photos of my Pilgrim fedora, rescued from an antiques shop a few months ago for a pittance.

Felt is lightweight, resilient but not at all floppy. Light grey with a lilac undertone, complemented by a sensational pink-mauve ribbon and decorative button.

Crown: 4-1/2", as creased.
Ribbon: 1".
Brim: 2-1/2", with 1/8" binding.
Sweatband: 1-3/4".

Last edited:

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Nice hat, Al. The peachy / pink ribbon is a nice touch, and the bound edge finishes the hat off. Brilliant find!

Thread nicely revived, Al! Several Pilgrim hats are for sale in an antique/junk shop near me, but they suffer from smallsizitis.

What sizes are the hats in your local antique shop?

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Thread nicely revived, Al! Several Pilgrim hats are for sale in an antique/junk shop near me, but they suffer from smallsizitis.

Thanks, Randall. It is an incurable malady, but someone has to take care of them.

Nice hat, Al. The peachy / pink ribbon is a nice touch, and the bound edge finishes the hat off. Brilliant find!

Much obliged. The felt/ribbon color combination is quite beautiful, indeed.

Al, I like this hat with the unique ribbon and I am glad that you picked it up!

Thanks, Manfred. Sadly it is much too small for me, but I enjoy looking at the bold and unusual felt color and gorgeous ribbon.

Beautiful hat Al, love the mesh liner too. Congrats!

I appreciate your kind words, Mike. The mesh liner is a nice detail.

Landman

One Too Many
Pilgrim Open Road Style Hat

Below are some pictures of a recent purchase. It is an Open Road style Pilgrim hat that appears to have never been worn or at least worn very little. I wasn't expecting too much since it is a Sears hat but when I got it I was amazed at how nice it is. This hat is every bit as nice as some of my older Stetsons and Resistols made in the 1960's. It is also a size 7 1/2! I don't know much about these but I'm guessing it is probably a 1960's hat. If anybody else can age it I'd loved to hear your thoughts. Since Pilgrim was just a clothing line of Sears, who actually made these hats?

PilgrimHat200.jpg

PilgrimHat201.jpg

PilgrimHat202.jpg

Landman

One Too Many
Wow! Terrific find. Where was it hiding?

Randall,

I bought it off of eBay for $35.00. Shipping costs were $19.00 though. The shipping costs were too high but I'm ok with the total cost. Seller said he didn't know the size but it was big. The 7 1/2 size tag was folded under the sweatband. I took a gamble on it but I'm pleased with it.

jskeen

One of the Regulars
Thought I'd bring this one back to life to post my newest and see if anybody has a guess as to date. Got it from a seller on feebay as a side transaction for $5. Although to be totally accurate I guess I should divide the original price and shipping for the one I won up between the 4, I ended up getting, which kicks my total investment in this one up to $8.61!

2013-04-29

2013-04-29

2013-04-29

2013-04-29

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Mighty fine additions to the thread jskeen and Roger. Looks like previous owners of the hats on this whole page bought and forgot about their hats. Glad they all found good new homes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot