Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pinks Officers' Trousers: How many different shades?

240z

New in Town
Having finally scored a nice pair of "pinks" on ebay, once I got them I began to wonder about fabrics, dye lots and color standardization. In my research, it seems that these officers pants take on a somewhat chameleon effect, sometimes looking quite pink, other times an almost taupe/gray. I know flash photography has quite a bit of effect on the color.

In short, are there color differences in early/late war lots of pinks? Perhaps the colors for pinks are as varied as the different tailors cranking them out across the USA? I have 3 officers tunics, and the early ones are quite olive green with the one late jacket having much more of a chocolate brown tone.

Thanks for any enlightening views.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
With officers pinks, and any US military item for that matter, you're going to find color variations not only between different manufacturers, but also from the same manufacture. It's even common to find color variations in fabric from the same mill but different die lots.

Under war time conditions, with so many different sources supplying the Army, who were in turn relying on many different sources for cloth, you get a virtual rainbow of khakis and OD's being issued to US troops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183