Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Plain Teamster

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Nice jacket. The tweed lining looks amazing. Could you tell us a little more about it. Does it feel bulky? Also, does it withstand wind, It sorta looks like it does but plese share some.

I went back through the posts and you said it was thinner and cooler then the alpaca, I dont get it, so its basically a middle thing between the tartan and alpacca then? I always thought tweed was really thick and hard and very warm.

Last edited:

Dav

One Too Many
Hi Griff
Yes, this particular tweed is thinner than the Alpaca, I assume there are warmer heavier ones, but my knowledge of tweed is limited to this one. I would place it about half way between cotton drill and Alpaca as it feels about the same as the Tartan sample I got a while back, although I'm not sure if that was heavy or light in weight.
No, it doesn't feel bulky at all but is rougher than Alpaca or Tartan, although I think that will soften with time. As for windproofing, I'm not to sure as I haven't really had it long enough to find out.
I didn't really put much effort into choosing a liner, I asked for Tweed and this is what I got.
Sorry if that's not much help.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Its great help. Thanks.

I "need" another autumn jacket sometime and was thinking about tweed, but this helps me understand that I will need alpaca or even a blanket lining.

The tweed is beautiful tho :)

..and...nice pose :D

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Very interesting. (...), but my 40" HWM is only 20". The back of the HWM is 20.5" at the widest seam, but the Teamster is 20". The side panels on both obviously add to the overall chest width, but your Teamster is very different in the back design, so not at all comparable.

Possibly your mods, especially the shoulder width, made it more akin to a standard 40". No doubt others will have other different dimensions to throw into the mix.

Don't mind - my HWM, size 38 is 23" in the chest ...

Regards,

Johannes

dash69

Familiar Face
Heck of a Teamster dave,the back is done well...there killer jacket's.I'm glad i picked that model also.Great knock around jacket!!!

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
btw, did my clean back inspire you to remove the halfbelt? and if so...(and even if not) how do you feel about it now? I would actually love a belt there on mine, but I dont want the pleats, im very happy with the clean and straight look but would like a belt just sewn on for show.

Dav

One Too Many
I think it was a plain backed jacket that SirJacket posted a while ago that first gave me the idea, but it was yours and Augustus's Stuart (I think I've got the name right) that finally made my mind up.
As for how I feel about it now, I really like it, I think it has given a bit more room around the waist than it would with, but I'm hoping, given a bit of time, that I should get a bit of drape which was just what I wanted. Also I think removing the action back has restricted movement a bit, but nothing I'm unhappy about.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I also got the idea from Sir Jacket. He told me it was actually Will who recommended it to him so made me even more sure :D

Well the jacket looks good and it will be even better when it molds to you.
I also have a jacket without the action-back and I like it, but yes it is more restrictive - but it looks better. I also believe it will get more of a personality without it since there is no rubber band inside to keep it in place - it will mold to how you use it which is the way I like it.

Dav

One Too Many
Teamster 2

This is the replacement, I'm a very happy chap today, thanks Aero!

IMG_5460.jpg

IMG_5463.jpg

The pockets are correct this time
IMG_5471.jpg

IMG_5477.jpg

IMG_5482.jpg

I very much like the way they have kept the shape of the back on the one compared to the previous jacket.
IMG_5472.jpg

Storse one
IMG_3840.jpg

Lear

One of the Regulars
Very nice :first: Agree with everything others say. However, we must all remember that in Dav's case, he gains bonus points by wearing everything better than the average man.

Besides, we're all too scared of him to say otherwise :p

Lear

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Jacket and fit look fantastic. This one appears a bit longer than your previous one.

Dav

One Too Many
This one appears a bit longer than your previous one.

Good eyes Fanch, yes it is, I added ½" to the sleeves and 1" to the length (which I think is now the standard length,30"), I don't always have my shirt tucked and found the front hung down below the jacket, which the extra inch sorts out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran