Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please name the Color of this Jacket !

Windstorm81

One of the Regulars
This is supposed to be the Aero Sonoma Cafe Racer in Horsehide. But Can someone please tell me what colour this is supposed to be ???

Sample.jpg

thanks guys !

Windstorm81

One of the Regulars
That was my guess too ! That is some amazing color variation on Steerhide. What do you guys think between this and the Seal Vincenza? Any preferences?

Jägernaut

Practically Family
That was one of the pics that got me to order a brown cxl cafe racer. Did not look like that. Not even close. It was plain brown with subtle dark splotches here and there.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
A steerhide Highwayman from around that same time. Looks like a particularly reddish batch (but could have been the camera).
image.jpg

Plumbline

One Too Many
looks like FQHH with some contrast issues on the photo .... Aero FQHH CXL in Brown has almost a "conker" look to it IMHO. These definately look more reddish than it actually is in the flesh.

It is notoriously difficult to get an accurate or consistant picture of this leather as the impact of light on this and cordovan can have very significant effect and cordovan can go from looking almost black to almost wine red. Likewise Brown can go from Chocolate to Tan depending on the lighting and the way the flash and digital cameras process it ( especially if the user filters with "autocorrect" or something similar.

This is why I more often than not get swatches of leathers ...... especially for NEW jackets or custom builds.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Also people are using FQHH Brown and Steerhide brown interchangeably, but from the samples I have seen and jackets owned, the Brown Steer shows more color variation because of its more pronounced initial grain. It's what led me to order tumbled horse as opposed to the regular FQHH.

Windstorm81

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys for all your input ! ... Like Jagernaut, I was going to rush into ordering the Brown CXL just looking at the color on that model pic....just love that pronounced reddish tones...but will hold out for now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot