Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pops Leather Jackets - Any Good?

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
A famous Turkish manufacturer and apparently an institution amongst military folk.

Can anyone tell us about the quality, price and the leathers?

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
I visited Pops Leathers while in Turkey. US aircrews had their jackets upgraded buy pop while flying through Turkey. IE bloodchits sewn on, handwarmer pockets installed, inside pockets etc. Alot of the times the aircrews would trade their GI issue jacket for a Pop's jacket. Pop would then sell the US jacket to a guy in Germany. I bought several of Pop's jackets from him. This was a few years back and have since sold them. The goat is the best hide they have, close to US milspec. Construction is very good, hardware is local and modern again don't expect a Talon or conmar zip. Patterns are modern so don't expect a WWII cut or copy. Their sheepskin is very good and they make an awesome B-3. Par with Avirex but 1/3 of the cost. I would compare Pop's with Cooper/Avirex etc. Ask for a discounted price too if you contact them.
JZ

Chainsaw

Suspended
Whoa! Thanks Peacoat. I remember smacking some beers with some Turks. I might pick up that shot gun case this summer. Real nice man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic