Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Portofino - James Bond Cuffs

jml90

One of the Regulars
I got an extra button put on the top of the cuff so it wouldn't catch etc.
BTW shirt arrived today but, I was out so they didn't leave it. :mad:

jml90

One of the Regulars
carebear said:
jml90,

You'll, of course, post a pic of the modification...
I think it got lost in translation, though it still didn't break the deal for me as they are stiff enough to not flop but probably get caught but, even french cuffs do that. [huh] Overall A+ as Magnoli said it wasn't an easy thing to perfect. They did it in two weeks with two pictures. I love MSS. Also sent me not the usual 10 but 20 complimentary fabric swatches.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
CIMG8834.jpg

CIMG8837.jpg

CIMG8835.jpg

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ya know, it wouldn't be hard, if one wanted to, to have a loop sewn on the underside of the cuff portion and a button on the sleeve to hold the cuff from moving too much.

Nothing would show through to the outside to ruin the smooth look of the cuff. I've got collars that button down like that.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
carebear said:
have a loop sewn on the underside of the cuff portion and a button on the sleeve to hold the cuff from moving too much.
I've got collars that button down like that.
Interesting. I have several pieces of outerwear, from raincoats to skiwear, that employ this technique to affix the lining to the shell.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Put a little backing on the sleeve and in the cuff where the stitches will go to prevent tearing out and it'd be invisible. Given the single point of connection (the base of the loop) being so mobile compared to an actual buttonhole and I don't think anyone could tell at all. It would still move a little, just couldn't flip over.

100_0122.jpg

100_0121.jpg

100_0123.jpg

100_0120.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925