Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Continued from previous post.

1940s Stetson Special Homburg. This hat seems to have been rarely worn. Behind the sweat was this plastic tape feeling material that came out when I touched it. I wonder if it was used to help size the hat down for the previous owner? You can see it covering the block numbers. Right after I took that photo, it fell out.

LOT Number looks to be: 7540

h111.jpg

h211.jpg

h311.jpg

h410.jpg

10112.jpg

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
The Big Deal?
I bought 4 unworn and new old stock German hats. All are open Crown.
Two are Velour in Size 53 and 56 and two felt size 53 and 56.
My guess from the mid 40s to the early 50s.
Also new to me the second Mayser Superbe in Dark Brown from the 60s.
All photos and Details are in the German and Austrian hat thread.
newpa.jpg

new1mm.jpg

Last edited:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
A Lounge Poster Hat...

The "rare" Gray Whippet.
P1060180.JPG
P1060172.JPG
P1060174.JPG
P1060175.JPG
P1060178.JPG

OPS tagged, has the full 5-3/4" crown. 7-1/4 Long Oval and it fits as such. Needs some front flanging adjustment--it is nearly flat. Medium cool Gray with Tan/Golden edge binding.

Monte

A-List Customer
Great hats all, the Knox is a knockout.
Found this Mallory straw in a high end thrift store. Stingy brimmed as they get and snapped down will fit my mood today.
I also found a jacket that is kind of like a Palm Beach style in my opinion. The sleeves are actually long enough, too!
bd510475-93fd-4643-bbd6-d06b5d4ff6c7_zps8f5b1ba2.jpg

Borsalino Fan

Familiar Face
new acquisition

Hello:

I just acquired this beautiful vintage hat. Can somebody tell me how to determine the manufacturer? I believe that it is a Borsalino but there is only the name of the store inside. I know well the store , having been a client there. To my knowledge they carried only Borsalino, but it's strange that nowhere is it written Borsalino. I'm trying to post some photos but this thing is not loading them

Thanks!!

Still can't put photos of the hat ...something is wrong with this site.

In case this thread was missed:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?60679-How-to-post-photos-here&p=1360985#post1360985<br />

The high security required here makes it necessary to first post to a host site. Additional explanation is offered by LizzieMaine here
Many members don't realize that the Lounge is powered by an array of genuine, restored Golden Era server equipment, as illustrated below:

FedoraLoungeHOSTINGfacility_zpsfed5c419.jpg

Although our system is equipped with high-capacity buffer tanks, occasionally an obstruction will occur in the outlet lines, causing the tanks to overflow. When this happens, a technician needs to locate the obstructed line and use an electric pipe snake to clear the blockage. This process does take time, but we're sure all the members appreciate our efforts to maintain the tradition of fine artisanal Internet service. :eusa_clap

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family
Patey_zpsb43e4691.jpg

Patey Hunting Bowler. Pretty excited about this one, although i'm not too keen on testing whether or not it'll hold its shape with me standing on it. I'm just very happy I didn't have to pay a thousand for it.

g.durand

One Too Many
Charlie (hatsRme)--I ran my photos through that Artisanal Internet machine and here is what came out. You may recognize one of them.

First, the Stetson Royal Deluxe "Stetsonian":
RD1_zps4fee80a5.jpg

RD2_zps67428ba8.jpg

RD3_zpsb6383ea9.jpg

RD6_zpsb27a4893.jpg

RD5_zps324e9b72.jpg

RD4_zps9c6e6e6b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda