Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Monte

A-List Customer
The other day, while wearing my Stetson 7XCB, I ran inside an antique shop. The lady working there started talking about the (tiny sized) hats that she collects.
I then showed before and after pics of my hat. She said that she was getting a large number of hats in which were mostly westerns but not all.
She then said she'd be happy to give me first choice of them before they go up for sale!...Hopefully the lot of hats contains that one "diamond in the rough".

The other day, while wearing my Stetson 7XCB, I ran inside an antique shop. The lady working there started talking about the (tiny sized) hats that she collects.
I then showed before and after pics of my hat. She said that she was getting a large number of hats in which were mostly westerns but not all.
She then said she'd be happy to give me first choice of them before they go up for sale!...Hopefully the lot of hats contains that one "diamond in the rough".

Life's all about networking, Monte. Good for you. A smooth move!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Fléchet

P1060212.JPG
P1060214.JPG

Modern hat, surprise Size 61. Medium weight Rabbit Felt.

Last edited:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
E. Klenz Wiener Velour

P1060220.JPG

P1060218.JPG
P1060216.JPG

Perfect fit and a Velour that seems to brush either way. Homburg size brim curl is even all around. Only info I found was that they were an exhibitor at the Paris Exposition of 1900 with other Austrian Producers of Velours.

Last edited:
Robert, Amazing find! It looks to be in pristine condition. Did it come out of Austria? I found Egydius Klenz listed in the Vienna Hatmakers Cooperative (12/1928).

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Well, I recieved an e-mail from the Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce, and they are going to send me a CD with 220 historic photographs of Florala and Lockhart. Several of the pictures have gentlemen wearing hats but they do not have a positive identification of the individuals. I hope I can maybe spot Mr. Hughes. Will post this in the History thread later this week!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff